My Photographs

User5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hiya; I'm very new to photography and am looking for some tips on how to better myself. (this must be so repetitious, lol) These are my photos, here: http://flickr.com/photos/57553949/
Anything is great, whether it be general, or more specific. Anything you can give me would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Your pictures are pretty good.
In focus, well framed, well exposed.
They are pretty standard pix.
Try to get something new going, get outside your comfort range and post them.

These are nice pictures. I have been trying out some night photos with not so good luck. I liked your photos of the fireworks! I wish I had the scenery you do too!

Let me say welcome to a fellow Mainer! Beautiful pictures, especially of the deer. What type of camera/lens did you use? You must have been a distance away because you got quite a few good shots without spooking them.

As for critique, your pictures are pretty good. It helps when you have beautiful scenery to work with. To make your shots more interesting, look for things that are out of the ordinary or look for different perspectives on things. Watch your water/horizon lines. They should be straight and several of them are crooked. It's hard to give you a lot of advice because you have a large variety of photographs on your site. You might want to pick one picture to start with and post the picture directly and ask for advice that way.

Your pictures are pretty good.
In focus, well framed, well exposed.
They are pretty standard pix.
Try to get something new going, get outside your comfort range and post them.

Thanks a lot!

These are nice pictures. I have been trying out some night photos with not so good luck. I liked your photos of the fireworks! I wish I had the scenery you do too!

Thank you! The fireworks can be really tricky, as I learned when I took them (for the first and only time). Also, scenery is what I like best. ;)

Let me say welcome to a fellow Mainer! Beautiful pictures, especially of the deer. What type of camera/lens did you use? You must have been a distance away because you got quite a few good shots without spooking them.

As for critique, your pictures are pretty good. It helps when you have beautiful scenery to work with. To make your shots more interesting, look for things that are out of the ordinary or look for different perspectives on things. Watch your water/horizon lines. They should be straight and several of them are crooked. It's hard to give you a lot of advice because you have a large variety of photographs on your site. You might want to pick one picture to start with and post the picture directly and ask for advice that way.

Thank you hehe! :p The deer pictures I just took with my camera, a Canon Powershot S2 IS. They're a bit blurry because I didn't happen to have my tripod with me at the moment, and on some of those I maxed out the 12x zoom. I came upon them slowly...They knew I was there, but I slowly kept getting closer...Though every time a car goes by, they don't even pick up their heads. Thank you for the critique! I usually just take pictures with whatever I see catch my eye, so I wouldn't exactly be too sure what something out of the ordinary would be. Thanks on the leveling, I'll remember to really pay attention to that, more.

To all, I'm not too sure how I would go about looking for things out of the ordinary; maybe if someone could point out some tips on looking for such things or examples, that would be great.

Thanks for the comments so far!
(oh, and btw, I'm going camping this weekend; anybody have some good ideas? lol :p)

Great pictures! Love your choice of various themes. BTW those Firework shots are excellent. Can you tell me alittle bit more about the specific adjustments and settings that went into the shot?

Great pictures! Love your choice of various themes. BTW those Firework shots are excellent. Can you tell me alittle bit more about the specific adjustments and settings that went into the shot?

Thanks! Fireworks can be extremely tricky; you have to be quick, and you have to know when to push the button, because it's easy to do it too late. I think you really need a tripod to do this kind of thing. As far as lenses go I just have a point and shoot and put it on fireworks mode. The shutter speeds are long (or need to be), so it'll take a little while for it to take the shot, and is sensitive to movement.

Your moon pictures are awsome! :)

Thank you. :)

Hmm, I just thought of this now so I haven't searched on here, but it's so easy to get discouraged and down, and to want to just completely give up; I'm sure some of you have been here, what has helped you?

Hmm, I just thought of this now so I haven't searched on here, but it's so easy to get discouraged and down, and to want to just completely give up; I'm sure some of you have been here, what has helped you?

There are two parts to photography - vision - you see or recognize great photos in your mind's eye and technique - learning how to create the great photo.

I get discouraged by the technique, the difficulties in creation but after a while 'vision' kicks in again, I see what I think will be a great photo and I get energized again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back