My photos dont get comments

No. Do you ask for comments, or do you just post photos without amplifying information? Do you post just a few photos (< 4 ideally) or a whole stream of them?

they seem to get views but no comments, is this a bad thing ?

It happens. Sometimes shots are competent: good exposure, well balanced but just lack anything to make it unique. I check out lots of images and offer comments when there is something that could be technically better or when something is a really unique capture.

Join the club lol. There are few ppl here that can rack up pages on pages of comments, just gotta keep shooting and posting :)

When people don't post, I take it as there is nothing glaring that is wrong with my stuff lol.

Where's Bitter Jeweler and his signature?

I usually do ask for comments but since some did not receive any or many I just kept posting the photographs, I usually dont post more than 2-3 in the same thread and they are usually sized ok so they shouldn't freeze up your screen

I assume that you are talking about in the galleries. If your shots get a lot of views, that probably means they have generated some interest and have some visual impact in terms of content and technique.

Some viewers I think are not sure whether they should make a comment at all, and others feel that they don't have the background/experience necessary to make a valuable or worthwhile comment.

Still others do not wish to point out lots of mistakes in a photo that some poster thought was good enough to put in their gallery.

Complicationg things further, for technical reasons what you see of your photos on your computer in terms of brightness, colour etc. may not be exactly the same as what other viewers see.

skieur

My history over the past three months for starting a thread with photos to view / comment on....

17 threads started
155 replies

I don't know if that's good or bad, but it is what it is.

Are you using a P&S?

yes, a Canon IXUS 95 (Elph in the US) I know its got limitations but I think I got some nice photos out of it at 1/3rd of what a DSLR would cost me

My history over the past three months for starting a thread with photos to view / comment on....

17 threads started
155 replies

I don't know if that's good or bad, but it is what it is.

its not a contest but just to stack up,

21 threads started
78 replies

so perhaps I need a bit of wow factor in my "snap" shots

Most reactions

Back