www.farandfurther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was shot December 2006 in Vinales,
Cuba. It is inside a tobacco drying barn, the
girls are waiting for their mother to finish
her work. What do you think?

tytot.jpg

IMO You have got good lines, strong subjects and fair contrast. But I think you could have used a flash

this is way better than your car shot IMHO.

Framing again is a bit tight for my taste though, some padding above their hads would relax the situation a bit ... or, you could crop much tighter. but this now is somewhere in beteen.

They all seem to look very sad ... but maybe they are just bored. still the image does not leave a cheerful impression ... but then again it is not the purpose of photography to give us cheerful moods all the time :)

hmm, you seem to be a fan of opinion polls ... or maybe it is just a trick to drag people in and leave also some comments ;)

This is quite nice but, IMO, different framing would improve it by tightening up the composition and getting rid of the just-clipped-off extremities.

tytotbbuw5.jpg

I'm glad you didn't use flash, but I think some darkroom work is in order, I'd start with some dodging in the deep shadow, and also along the wooden posts to give texture.

If you are digital, then I imagine you might use photoshop somehow, I guess. P.S. I think polls are a good idea, if you are genuine about wanting feedback.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

These polls are no tricks, trying to improve
my shooting & editing. Long way to go...

From your ideas about cropping I see that is something
I'll have to work on.

Bobbie: I shoot digital and use Photoshop for editing.
This was shot in color and transformed into BW later.

Nice shot. I like the expressions. I think maybe a little tighter crop than what The Traveler recommended- It took me a bit to understand what the little one was holding.

Most reactions

Back