My pictures doesn't look right

It would be good to see the same subject shot at the same settings as the original photo to see the improvement :)

Just on the point about feedback, I have found the information and guidance on this site most helpful and have never really had anything negative said about my photos or comments. That may be due to my interpretation of what a negative comment is as anything but a direct insult I see as positive.

No one gets better by people telling them how good they are.

The leaf was not a centre crop like the OP, i wanted to do the rule of thirds. I used spot metering on the wrong place though, so that's why my exposure isn't right. I'm gonna need some more practice to put into practice everything i've learned on paper.

But this one worked out better.

sknzVqa.jpg

Not too bad, maybe try putting the burger (and box) on a glass or something to lift it off the table (hidden of course) and then decreasing the f-stop a bit to blur the background some more. Just as an experiment into DOF and distances between background and foreground.

My lens cant go any lower than f3.5. I shot this in Mcdonalds.

I got some weird looks whipping out a dslr and photographing my food.
yA1YyxO.gif

Ham... I don't think people are misrepresenting your intentions, but they may be misinterpreting them. There's a pretty significant difference.

Keep in mind that by and large most people here have been trying to help. The end result may have been frustrating for you, but maybe don't last out at them for trying.

Just a thought.

I know manaheim, I'm sorry. Its just that i cant have a discussion about gear without having to deal with backseat drivers. Constantly pointing out obvious things, questioning how i drive. No matter how well intentioned, but that's how i feel. Its taken me ever ounce of composure not to drive the car into a ditch.

It's all in how you set up the discussion.

The default here is to assume that 1> You're asking for guidance of some kind, 2> You're clueless in some way. Given that, if you start a conversation with "My pictures are messed up" people are going to jump to help you. Then if you start talking about gear, they're going to evaluate what they've seen from you and ask if you should even be asking about gear. And it goes from there.

If you want to talk gear and just start the conversation with "Let's talk gear!" or "I'd like to understand better the difference between a kit lens and a pro lens" or something like that, then you'll have a very different discussion.

THIS thread came across very much as a "help me" thread, particularly given some of the threads you have been posting.

Trust me... I've been around here a long time, and I'm no idiot... and even I was like "hey ham, don't worry about the lens- focus on your methods". Right?

The leaf was not a centre crop like the OP, i wanted to do the rule of thirds. I used spot metering on the wrong place though, so that's why my exposure isn't right. I'm gonna need some more practice to put into practice everything i've learned on paper.

But this one worked out better.

sknzVqa.jpg

looks like good focus and exposure. using spot in this case was smart because all that white could have underexposure the rest if you were using matrix. I don't see where you tihnk the exposure isn't right.

I have solved my problem thanks to the help of you good folks.

After all these help attempts, it would be kind if you tell also how did you "solve" your problem.

I have solved my problem thanks to the help of you good folks.

After all these help attempts, it would be kind if you tell also how did you "solve" your problem.

runna advised me to turn off the nikon software on the camera. As soon as i did that, my pictures became sharp.

looks like good focus and exposure. using spot in this case was smart because all that white could have underexposure the rest if you were using matrix. I don't see where you tihnk the exposure isn't right.

I was talking about the leaf being underexposed in the previous page were SCraig pointed it out. This picture is absolutely fine like you said.

oh i missed the leaf.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back