My Pikes Peak/Ansel Adams attempt

ashfordphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I was staring at a bunch of Ansel's pictures all day, so I thought I would take a set of photos I took a few months ago and convert them to B&W.

Please give me some critique - what you like, what you don't, what would make these better. Which is your favorite (or least) and why? I do recognize that when I converted from psd. to jpg and reduced the images I got some dang halos....grrrr

Thanks the help!

pikesbwbackfcopy.jpg

pikesbacktreescopy.jpg

pikesonetree.jpg

I like the second. Nice effect and no sign of humanity.

Not so much that, but the further back tree getting lost in the mountain does. Really nice mood though. If it weren't for the road cutting across the scene I would have liked the first the most.

the second is my favorite...great composition and that sky, OH MY GOD, what a sky...it makes the photo!!

the thirds sky is great but the photo loses something because the mt. is cut off...well done!!!

nice shots, i didn't notice the road in the first shot at first, but I like the comp on that one better. The tree is definitely better in the last, but the image loses something without the whole mountain in the frame... nice b&w's! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back