My portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said:
telling long-standing members of the forum (including at least one moderator)

Not, "who IS a moderator".

Hell no, I'm not a moderator. I couldn't put up with all the bullsh*t. :biglaugh:

I'm not going to suck up to a person

Something we can agree on! :sexywink:

Well then I didn't tell a mod to grow up lmao. And yes the site is up. Just having problems with the pictures.

your photos are great!

Hell no, I'm not a moderator. I couldn't put up with all the bullsh*t. :biglaugh:
Yeah because you'd have to constantly delete your own posts.

Whoa
Take a step back and consider that e.rose has been here a long time and has a good reputation for knowing what she is doing.
You, OTOH, seem to know a great deal less and you are quite new here.
If I were you, I'd rethink the idea of saying smart-assy things to people who have only been honest with you.

Whoa
Take a step back and consider that e.rose has been here a long time and has a good reputation for knowing what she is doing.
If I were you, I'd rethink the idea of saying smart-assy things to people who have only been honest with you.

Words from the wise. Kids (shaking head low and walking away)

Now, why would I do that? I own what I say. I own it proudly. :biggrin:

I also didn't say anything offensive according to TPF standards. If I had, it would have been deleted already. So there's that. :lol:

Whoa

Words from the wise. Kids (shaking head low and walking away)

KIDS today!

bGgdkbr.gif

Whoa

Last edited by a moderator:
And back off on the anti-religion advice too. His beliefs and his faith are NOBODY's business here on TPF.

No one said anything that belittled his faith, only that its prominence on a site about his photography was a bit off-putting. People have every right to their faith and to proclaim their faith. People also have every right to be put off by it.

Also, if you're offended by my very non-offensive remark, telling you exactly why you weren't getting comments, you better hold onto your hat. Because there are TONS of intentionally offensive people here. :lol:" was all a waist of your time...If you didn't want a "well thought out response" then you could have just waited until you are ready, and then post. It doesn't matter if I push. And i'm not "offended". I just don't understand some of the whole point of posting stupid remarks like that. It doesn't show professionalize or give you a good face. Even with a tons of smiley's ;)

I'm here to learn.

I've highlighted your errors in the above post. I don't do this to be mean or petty, but actually because you asked for comments on your website and I have one piece of advice if you want your work and website to look professional: proofread. I saw errors similar to this on your website. Plural words, for example, do NOT take an apostrophe. If you ever get to the point that you want to charge for your services, errors like this on anything that represents you as a professional - a website, a flyer, a contract, an advertisement - are absolutely going to count against you. Get used to it now and it will be easier later. And yes, you should proofread more carefully even in the less formal contexts, like a forum. Make it a practice to always conduct yourself professionally, not only with the actual photography, but also with the way you express and conduct yourself, because you never know what's going to come back and bite you in the ass.

"Life", TPF is a forum that's probably 80% social, 20% photography. Whatever your merits as a photographer, telling long-standing members of the forum (including at least one moderator) to "grow up" or call their comments "nonsense" isn't going to win you many fans or make people want to help you. There ARE members in this forum who can help a lot, and give excellent advice. However, your attitude, as expressed in your replies, does not seem (at least to me) to invite people to willingly contribute their time and knowledge so that you can benefit. Your age is quite irrelevant as far as your abilities are concerned, but it does reveal a certain immaturity in terms of your interaction with others. As far as limiting your own options (flickr, yahoo) due to your perceptions of the organizations that they belong to, you may find that much of what you come in contact with may be tainted in one form or another. The way the world works is much dirtier and messier than we usually want to acknowledge.

The band-width limitations you experience are real, but they are irrelevant to most people who have access to the internet. If people find that this is a significant friction point, they may choose to skip interacting with you, even though it may not be directly due to you or be under your control. You inform people on your site that you are "available for hire". If you are truly as remote as you imply, does that mean that people will need to trek to your location for photo-shoots, or are you planning to drive out/fly out to wherever the shoot should happen? Once the shoot is done, people often exchange images to make sure that everyone's on the same page. If you have limitations on the bandwidth, how will you make that work? Basically, be very careful about promising what you'll have difficulty delivering.

Listen to pgriz. He's got a long record of being the voice of reason and wisdom.

Make it a practice to always conduct yourself professionally, not only with the actual photography, but also with the way you express and conduct yourself, because you never know what's going to come back and bite you in the ass.

Or not.

WHOA, whoa, whoa...

Who the hell is running around here telling people I'm *not* a smartass?!

YOU FESS UP NOW.

I have a reputation to keep and you're RUINING it.

One of you told this poor kid I'm not a smartass, and I'm highly offended at your lies.

Also, hate to break it to you kiddo, but I've probably been reported more times than the amount of posts you have. And it's probably been mostly from people who didn't like the way I told them their portfolios were "all over the place."

Or from people who didn't like the way I said, "Hey... your image is a little underexposed", or "You missed focus on that one."

:biglaugh:

... and we're done here!

OP: Pleae keep your comments polite and respectful. You are free to disagree with anything you like, but remember that TPF is a privately owned entity. If you don't like the advice you received, you are free to disagree and/or go elsewhere until you find someone who agrees with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back