Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, here are the ones that made the customers cut! :) The ones with the 49ers blanket as a background were the Momma's idea! :) I definately still hvae lighting issues to work out...but I'm fairly happy with my first portrait session! :)

coy0007SMALL.jpg

coy0002SMALL.jpg

coy0003SMALL.jpg

coy0009SMALL.jpg

coy0010SMALL.jpg

coy0014SMALL.jpg

coy0015SMALL.jpg

coy0023SMALL.jpg

coy0029SMALL.jpg

coy0032SMALL.jpg

Very nice, Corry! I like #4, 7 & 10. Very, very impressive for your 1st shoot. Mom had a great idea with the blanket :D

Patrick said:
Nice Job!

Hey...I think we own the same background;)

Unless you are talking about the 49er's thing, I made the backdrop myself!!!! :)

The 49ers thing belongs to the mother of the little boy! :)

Congrats! He is a cute little boy, and you definitely got some good ones in there!

I find the 49er's backdrop a little busy, but it's all about making the client happy and I'm sure she's gonna love those! :D

The blanket looks good, but isnt there a liability issue if the 49'ers dont like thier logo being used with out written permission?

Good job corry. : 0)

Where are you getting them printed?

terri said:
Congrats! He is a cute little boy, and you definitely got some good ones in there!

I find the 49er's backdrop a little busy, but it's all about making the client happy and I'm sure she's gonna love those! :D

I agree...I thought it was busy, too, but the mom wanted a few like that, so we did it. I had told her if she had any props or toys that she wanted, she could bring them...the Koy train..(hey, I've been spelling his name wrong!) and the 49ers stuff were hers.

I bought a 10x20' peice of muslin at JoAnne Fabrics...was about $30..had my mom hem the ragged sides, and I bought 3 packages of Rit Fabric Dye...1 black and 2 pearl grey. I used a(new, never been used) garbage can...a large outdoor sized one, to dye it in, and the instructions said to stir constantly to get an even color...I didn't want that, so I would let it sit for a few minutes, then stir it a bit, let it sit, stir it, let it sit, you get the picture...then after a half hour, I rinsed it and then washed and dried it. That's it. Simple. :)

Mate.. you should be proud of these... they are great shots. Nice work. If they were my son, I'd be more than happy to pay professional rates for them. And, I don't think the lighting is very much off... the normal person would not notice it.

Nice work Corry. I think you may want to consider buying some white fabric one with a very light red/yellow tone and use it as a reflector. It'll get light to the other side of his face and because it's fabric and not metallic the light will be softer. The yellow/red one will introduce warm tones.*

*Says someone who has never taken a portrait shot.

what were your settings - lots of instances of blur - kid too small in many, the background should be less noticeable than the kid - lot of room at the top.

the good - decent poses, like the name prop.

get the lighting up or open the aperture more (looks like it was rather small) to let more light in and also lower your depth of field.

to be more "pro": more light / get close to subject

Most reactions

New Topics

Back