My Pug Puppy Portrait

CA_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$Kirk.jpg

This is a portrait I shot of my new Pug puppy. His name is Captain James T. Kirk.

Just thought I'd post for fun :)

Shot with: Nikon D5100 + kit lens & 28'' Softbox

Looks purple! Cute pup, but the WB is way off. Intentional?

My color blindness strikes again :-(

If you're using some kind of processing software, it should give you an RGB reading on any point in the image. The background would show much higher R and B values and even the fur, which probably should be fairly neutral to maybe very slightly reddish would have at least a large B value. If you're serious about the color blindness, you might need someone's help to spot check images.

Extremely cute pup and good shot generally. My only quibble (other than WB) is that I'd rather see more room on the right so the whiskers aren't cut off and there's more room in the direction he appears to be looking (although it's a little hard to be sure).

If you're using some kind of processing software, it should give you an RGB reading on any point in the image. The background would show much higher R and B values and even the fur, which probably should be fairly neutral to maybe very slightly reddish would have at least a large B value. If you're serious about the color blindness, you might need someone's help to spot check images.

Extremely cute pup and good shot generally. My only quibble (other than WB) is that I'd rather see more room on the right so the whiskers aren't cut off and there's more room in the direction he appears to be looking (although it's a little hard to be sure).

I hadn't even thought of using RGB readings, great point (and I've been using photoshop for years, crazy right?) And yes, the colorblindess thing is definitely real. With paid gigs I usually shoot over my final images to a friend of mine to spot check :/ but this one I just threw on here on a whim.

I left to run errands for about an hour, he was snoring on the couch when I left. When I came back, he hadn't moved an inch. Not to mention he's shaped like a little lunch box.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Even if it does look purple, it's still a cool portrait. I agree with Ken about wanting to see a bit more room to the right.

You'll probably have lots of fun having that dog to model for you. Awesome animal.

I like it blue/purple... especially with this pup.. lovely expression and nice shot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back