My question of the day to go along with yesterdays Copyright question

luvmyfamily

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So yesterday I posted about protecting your photos, and THANK YOU, I got some GREAT info. I would also like to do a LOGO on my photos. Where is everyone getting there logos? I liked Megans (MTVison)? Logo, logo, where do I get one??

So yesterday I posted about protecting your photos, and THANK YOU, I got some GREAT info. I would also like to do a LOGO on my photos. Where is everyone getting there logos? I liked Megans (MTVison)? Logo, logo, where do I get one??

You typically create it yourself.. unless you pay to have someone else do it for you? Why do you feel you need a watermark / logo?

Pro's use them to "protect" their photos somewhat.. and also to increase business exposure.

Every amateur that has a camera for a day or two creates one and uses it constantly because they THINK it makes them look like a PRO!

Which of those two categories do you fit into ? :)

Last edited:
I made mine using GIMP before I got Photoshop. The number one thing about a logo that you want to put on our photos is SIMPLICITY. You don't want your logo to detract from the photo in most situations.

On that note, make sure it works in black and white. Having a colorful logo on a b&w image is not the effective way to logo-fy your photos.

You can also pay people to four, but what fun is that? And they're expensive.

This is just a personal preference, but I like to be able to read logos. All the script ones that people use look nice, but I have no clue what they say so it won't exactly be easy for me to Google their name.

And lastly, make sure you NEED a logo. Your presence and personality as a photographer should be reflected in your work, not some fancy vector text you place over your work.

Unless you're terrified of having your work stolen, or you're trying to get more exposure, I would wait on getting a logo. A logo says 'hey I'm marketable!!' But if you're realistically still learning then it's almost like you're lying about your abilities.

Last edited:
cgipson1 said:
You typically create it yourself.. unless you pay to have someone else do it for you? Why do you feel you need a watermark / logo?

Pro's use them to "protect" their photos somewhat.. and also to increase business exposures.

Every Amatuer that has a camera for a day or two creates one and uses it constantly because they THINK it makes them look like a PRO!

+1 ::thumbs up::

Pro's use them to "protect" their photos somewhat.. and also to increase business exposures.

Every Amateur that has a camera for a day or two creates one and uses it constantly because they THINK it makes them look like a PRO!

Forgot to mention, as yesterday, FOR FUTURE reference. p.s. I have had my camera longer than a day ;) . I am not trying to look like a pro. I just simply want to know where everyone get's their logos. :p

blah watermarks are easily removed and distract horribly from pics. today's biggest purpose of such is impressing your FB friends
bigthumb.gif

cgipson1 said:

Every Amatuer that has a camera for a day or two creates one and uses it constantly because they THINK it makes them look like a PRO!

Could someone please just answer my question ;) How do you make one? I liked Megans....

cgipson1 said:

Could someone please just answer my question ;) How do you make one? I liked Megans....

Logo shop, 2 a penny

cgipson1 said:

Uh.. Photoshop? :greenpbl: Or do like all of the others do, and steal one you like... and change the name!

So why not just PM the specific people you liked? IE, Megan.

On the same note, get your logo peer reviewed first... Clicky

Most reactions

Back