My resident House spider

groan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
marcphoto.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started shooting this spider last week and he (she) decides to come out once in a while for another shoot.

This one was taken on a dark brown countertop. A little de-saturaion and a tonal shift and now it's a nice complimentary blue.

Thoughts?

Oh and Hi! I'm new here!
spidey-640.jpg

Eeeek makes me want to step on it!!!! Looks huge! great shot though :)

Great macro! what lens you using? and do you use any extension tubes?

Great macro! what lens you using? and do you use any extension tubes?

Thanks! This is shot with Nikon 60mm AF-D Micro 2.8 on a Nikon D90 with off-camera flash.
Nikon 60mm AF-D Micro
Amazing lens and comparatively cheap. It was originally made during the film SLR days and has been around forever. I just got mine new a couple of months ago for under $500. The new replacement of this lens, the S sells for another $100 and does the same thing except you can use it on some lower-end DSLRs.
I'll post a shot of my setup shortly. I've ordered some cheap Chinese Ebay extension tubes but I don't have them yet. Looking forward to trying them and see if they are worth the whole $10 i spent! ;)

Here are some shots of my setup.
2012-03-30%2023.32.47.jpg

The Nikkor 60MM AFD lens

2012-03-30%2023.33.31.jpg

I use a popup flash shield to stop unwanted light when I use the popup as a commander light for off-camera.

2012-03-30%2023.34.37.jpg

sorry about the focus on this one)The flash bracket is a DIY one made of LocLine and works fairly well though with the SB700 on there it bends a bit easier than I'd like, still not bad.
I have a ball head coming in the mail soon to attach to another flash bracket. Should be sturdier.

awesome setup i just got a 90mm tamron and im thinking about getting extension tubes soon

Mine is basically a 90mm since the 60mm conversion from Film to DSLR sensor (x1.6) brings it pretty close. I love this lens for portraits as well. It's a tad close at 90mm, a 50 would be nicer and I'll likely get one, but this takes great face shots and is very sharp.

Excellent lens for one on a bit of a budget.

how scary!!! lol makes my hair stand up on my arms hahaha but awesome shot!!! He looks like a big mean spider =P

Awesome picture. I think I am going to get an extension tube and give this a shot. Thanks for sharing

Awesome picture. I think I am going to get an extension tube and give this a shot. Thanks for sharing
I can't wait to get mine. I used to have some but I have no clue where they went! I hope my cheapy Chinese ones are OK. At $10 for a set I don't expect much and that I'll be going to my LPS to pick up the real thing for $60.

Last edited:
Here are some shots of my setup.
2012-03-30%2023.32.47.jpg

The Nikkor 60MM AFD lens

2012-03-30%2023.33.31.jpg

I use a popup flash shield to stop unwanted light when I use the popup as a commander light for off-camera.

2012-03-30%2023.34.37.jpg

sorry about the focus on this one)The flash bracket is a DIY one made of LocLine and works fairly well though with the SB700 on there it bends a bit easier than I'd like, still not bad.
I have a ball head coming in the mail soon to attach to another flash bracket. Should be sturdier.

wow that;s owesome set-up... how much it cost your external flash

where can i brought 18-105 lens for nikon d300, & how it cost..thanks

The flash is the SB700 and was about $400 Canadian. I use an old Lumiquest Softbox for diffusion.

I don't know what you would pay for the 18-105. Check the for-sale forum here or KEH.com.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back