My retired friends (5 images)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took those about 2 hrs ago. Excuse the poor quality of the photographs themselves, but I did pay no attention to light and also was too lazy to change the lens ;)

Anyway, here they come, all of them are much older than I am myself ;)

If I find the time I might get one or two of them back to life ... shutters seem to work on those which have a shutter ...

1:
friend_1.jpg

2:
friend_2.jpg

3:
friends_3and4.jpg

4:
friend_5a.jpg

5:
friend_5b.jpg

Fortunately I haven't butchered any that look this nice for the lenses. I couldn't put a cutter to that last one or two of the others you have. It would break my heart, not to mention anger the ghosts of a lot of better photographers than me.

In other words i am jealous as hell

mysteryscribe said:
Fortunately I haven't butchered any that look this nice for the lenses. I couldn't put a cutter to that last one or two of the others you have. It would break my heart, not to mention anger the ghosts of a lot of better photographers than me.

In other words i am jealous as hell

Here is the story how I got them :

1: car boot sale, around 10 USD
2: family possession as long as I can remember
3: those two from Ebay Germany, don't remember the price, but each less than 40 USD I think to remember
4: well, that one is older than my granddad .. and that is one I want to try out one day. Does not have a shutter, you just cover the lens and use some slow film. Not sure what sort of film to use here... maybe just glass plates coated with home made emulsion? ;)

Wow. These sure are some treasures! Look at the one that I happened to put up here only today (how come you and I decide to post the same kind of pics on the same day :scratch: !?!?!?)

Oooh!... Very pretty.

mysteryscribe said:
alex you should try a paper negative on the plate cam. there is a woman on another forum who shoots only paper negs in old plate cameras and the iso 2 speed should give you all the time you need to open and close the lens.

As I will be very busy travelling the coming weeks, this experiment will definitely not happen before Christmas ... but I will keep your advice in mind! Thanks!

Most reactions

Back