My second wedding....please provide feedback

M,
had a look at the slideshow, good work for a second wedding, yet allow me a constructive critique, some of which will contain subjective opinions. To begin with, congrats on the setting up the traditional posing.

A little more background blur in the shots on the green would have been appropriate, some backgrounds - this in general - simply distract somewhat.

The blurry aisle shots need to go.

Some reportage shots are present, but I sense that you have it in you to capture more, especially when there's a crowd, where you should move in closer. You do have a selection of close-ups, those are fine.

If I remember correctly, you mention that you set the cam on automatic, I need to return to that message to see if that is so. I'm one for some background blur that isolates individuals and couples. I don't know how you or others here think about some blur, but I'm quite devoted to it. You'll surely get a hang of how it works, should you want some blur, it's a depth of field issue.

Overall you did a fine job that will certainly please the newlyweds and the wedding guests, and you can undoubtedly present a selection of these pics to prospective clients. Remain loyal to your photographic endeavor, you are already succeeding at providing decent wedding coverage.

Best to you and exciting third wedding coverage!

D.

I looked and as one would expect from me I found the crop a little off in most of your waist cut horizontals of two people. In general I think they might have been better as verticle and still might be better if cut at chest rather than waist.
6akrur9.jpg

just as an example.

as for the lighting in most of them I find it acceptable so i wouldn't worry. Remember you are shooting for faces mostly in weddings, so i wouldn't worry too much about backgrounds ect.

Thank you to everyone for your comments! I have learned so much and I can't wait to apply what I've learned to my next photos. In addition I'm starting a 9 week course in my hometown that I'm sure will help!

Most reactions

Back