My self portrait- you can post process to help me learn. C and C

Lighten up a little. You look so angry. It's all in the eyes and the lips.

Here is what I came up with. Let me know what you think. I was experimenting with something that was in a magazine I just got.
meorigcopy.jpg

What did you do to her face? It's all pointy! LOL

i like AverageJoe's edit best. keeps it natural just enhances the colour a bit.

This is my lil edit.. if you like it.. i'll tell you what I did :p

rachelsne.jpg

Nice new edits
I was showing my hubby the pictures, he likes the edits with my freckles lol-he did ask if anyone can make my hair blond...I dont even know if its possible to do, but if you can have ago, he would like to see it (I refuse to colour it blonde in real life) LOL
Thanks

I think yours MAYTAY20 may be just a little harsh around the edges, a few stray hairs would soften it just a little

BRANDDON S
I like your edit, I dont think the added makeup is too bad :) I like the darkened eyelashes underneath too

SW1TCHFX
I like your edit alot, may you pleas tell me how you brought out the brown in my eyes? it makes a huge difference I like the crop too, Im never sure how close to crop guess I should have experimented some more.

I just dodged the eyes and sharpened them, that's it, the rest was done with alot of screening.

I went with a bit tighter crop to start out with. I really should have written down what I did, but I started with tightening up the levels just a bit, then working with some overlay layers for dodging/burning including adding a slight tint of yellow to the iris. I did a little patching and the smoothing was done with overlays so as not to ruin the textural elements of the skin. In the original photo, the chin and the whites of the eyes are really bright and I still think those weaknesses come through on my edit. I worked with the idea in mind to keep the hair texture as crisp as it could be because that really frames the face in your image. I went back to a slight curves adjustment at the very end after a tiny (65%/0.9) Lab color lightness sharpening.

rachelsne_edit.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back