My Shoes

PhillipM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Graphlex 4x5, Foma b/w film, printed on Kodak Polycontrast b/w paper

BabyShoes.jpg

I think perhaps a lttle less tilt. I can't go with the fore part of the shoe being that far out of focus which really starts at the fron corner of the table.

ceeboy14 said:
I think perhaps a lttle less tilt. I can't go with the fore part of the shoe being that far out of focus which really starts at the fron corner of the table.

What tilt? This is a pretty natural and realistic angle to shoot from. Doesn't look tilted to me anyway.

Nice light, good POV and love the print tones ....focus kills it back up and change focus to include the front part of the shoe in focus..... if the rear of the shoe went out it would be ok but not the front.

Nice, pleasing image. Just the right amount of contrast. Where's the "like" button?

I almost agree with you about tilt, but it should be more of it to extend DoF in horizontal plane. Yet we have a problem here, Graflex 4x5 in factory setting doesn't have downward tilt, just upward. That could be easily reversed but I don't know if Phillip did it.
I really like the tones of Foma and this image has them.

Thanks folks... I'm still trying to get use to different films / Developers / papers...

I always shoot what I see in my eye. Never been a big fan of rules although I've heard about all of them, over the years. Appreciate your views.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!

Last edited:
The photo as a whole seems kinda tilted to me, You should have lowered down the depth of field a little and made the whole of the subject in focus, I don't like that soft front. Great idea and photo btw. :heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back