My Sigma Lens is not working! -HELP

ThornleyGroves

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bournemouth, Manchester, Athens, Liverpool
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so i bought a sigma 70-200 hsm ex f2.8 lens a while ago and it has been working perfect on my d90 up until now, i pulled it out of the case and attatched it to my camera when i noticed it would not autofocus and u could hear it trying and then secondly the zoom ring between 70-200 would not rotate anymore and it had seized up, i desperately need to know whats wrong and what i can do!

please help!

You could try slamming it up against a solid object to get it unstuck.

Nah! That would probably just make things worse.

Flash Harry has the best course of action to follow. Send it in to be repaired. You registered your purchase with Sigma and it's still under warranty, right?

Try to pull it off and install it again. Might just need to be reseated. I have had that happen a few times. Try it on another body if you have the chance. Make sure power is off during the swap.

Take it off of the camera and see if the rings free up.

I'm not real familiar with the Sigma lenses. I have a Tokina for for my D90 that has to have the aperture ring set to the highest f-stop before it will auto focus. Yours may be the same. Make sure it didn't get bumped.

There are a few things you can try before you throw in the towel.

My D90 lens contacts are fussy. They don't like to make contact all the time. I have to re-seat the lens on occasion to get things to work.

Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back