My sister, new lens test

Mumfandc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a photo I shot of my sister a couple weeks ago...I managed to grab her when she was waiting for her girly friends. I got a new Carl Zeiss lens and wanted to try it out. Anyway, we have an ugly backyard, so my sister grabbed this zig-zag blanket some old lady gave us, and used it as a backdrop. Not the best backdrop...

JACoverlay.jpg

Anyway, 6x6 Ilford HP5 film, scanned w/Nikon Coolscan 5000...in Photoshop, I made a duplicate layer, and did a Gaussian blur Overlay blend mode. It really pumps up the contrast. My favorite technique, but I think I use it too much!

Nice work - love the effect.

She is beautiful...and she has elegance.

Hey, I find this an interesting backdrop!
And she's very pretty!

This is a great image. I really like the contrast, I will have to try that technique. Great job!

AlisonS said:
This is a great image. I really like the contrast, I will have to try that technique. Great job!
echo..... echo...... echo.....
:wink:

I love that picture also, beautiful girl! :D

My sister better not stumble on this site...she despises J. Lo!

As for the sunglasses...this was probably the first time in YEARS I've seen her wear sunglasses.

I don't know about the J. Lo thing, but what is she doing tomorrow nite? Kidding.......... I think the background really works in this shot. It gives the shot a much more 3D effect for me with her head popping out against the background.

Most reactions

Back