my sisters engagement shoot

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just did an engagement shoot for my beautiful sis and her lovely fiance. Here are a couple... still photoshopping the rest... Always appreciate your comments and constructive criticism x jem x

#1... oops... just noticed the top left space! must clone that out x sorry!!
tpf038.jpg

#2...

tpf016.jpg

#3...
tpf005x.jpg

Thanks for looking. x

Those are such cute pictures. And very professional looking. I like the grainy feel of the last one. It has an artistic touch to it. Very nice

I'm not on a calibrated monitor at the moment, but by looking at the histogram, I think #1 could use some more exposure. The background is not clipping. I like my white backgrounds to blow out. The skin tones could be a bit brighter as well on #1. Also, is there something funny in the upper left corner, behind her head?

Overall very nice, as usual. Good posing and expressions.

Very nice. However, it doesn't look like you left enough room on the sides to crop #3 to 8x10.

Thanks so much everyone...

Emogirl... I guess I am a big fan of the glow but I know not everyone is so I tend to just do a few from the session that 'I' think would benefit? Thanks for your opinion x

Matt... Your opinion is massive to me so thanks for taking the time to have a look at my shots. I just went back and checked and the histogram on my computer looked right in #1 but I upped the curves a bit to see if it made it better. Mind you, my hubby just brought me home a lovely 19" monitor last night so maybe that is the problem??? I must learn about calibration some more!! With the second I did mention the top left 'thing'. At the moment I am restricted to my large bedroom studio set up with no where near enough room so that was where the white backdrop met the cream wall! oops! bring on the real studio. Thanks again mat!
(here is the shot where i upped the curves a fraction... is it any better?? and how would you go about fixing that top corner. Ive just been trying to 'healing brush' it away, but maybe Im choosing the wrong brush - or tool altogether???? But it just doesnt look right - the hair ends up looking wonky???? Any help would be appreciated... as usual x
eng038xx.jpg

Christie photo... thanks!! At the moment I think that is one of my faves. I am going to have one enlarged and matted for guests to sign at their wedding reception in June - will post my final favourites once finished editing and get everyones opinon x

Jeremy... good point! I guess they will have to settle for an 8 x 12"!!! x I used to have a very bad habit of not leaving enough room for cropping which I thought I had sorted... but I guess this shows that I am simply a sucker for Close-Ups !!! :0p x some bad habits never die x

Thanks again x jem xx

Jemmy, that looks much better to me, but it is up to you for sure. The skin to me looks healthier. As for the top left, the healing brush is going to merge the fine hairs and not give you a good look. If your background is pure white, you can use the paintbrush. Paint with 100% white, and zoom in real close, being careful of the hairs. There seem to be a few stray ones there, and you might take this opportunity to get rid of them if you desire.

Most reactions

Back