My site

I like the design. It's very clean and professional-looking. The blog section on the main page put me off a bit, though. The first thing I saw on your site was, "Sorry," which might not be the first thing you want people to see. It might just be me, but when the first thing someone says to me is an apology, I instantly think, "Oh great, what did they do wrong?":lol:

I agree on the "sorry" thing to be not really a too good idea ;)

Anyway, the layout is clean and easy to navigate, and you use fixed width, which is good and even works on my 12" laptop screen!

However, you need some images on your first page, your site is about photography after all. Not the whole portfolio, but one or two images from it .. when you click on them/it, you are directed to the portfolio then.

Attention span is short on the internet, and graphical things work better than too much text on the first page. I would keep the news text though.

In your portfolio, put your best images on top, and those which are related to the services you offer. also your graphics as a whole look more professional than some of your photography you present here, so maybe put them on top.

I think the advertising for others takes up too much space. I personally would maybe ban it from inside your stylish box, to something off to the right.

just my personal totally biased opinion ;)

Yea I was thinking of changing the "ads" section to a "latest Shots" section.

I agree with the others about the "Sorry" section. That gives off a bad vibe right away...

Under services you say:

My services include band pictures, other band needs such as posters and cd covers, photo editing and graphic design. Most of this is done for free but for large sets (such as a whole band show) a small fee may be requested.

I was just curious why you'd give away these services for free... when people would most likely pay for them.

Most reactions

Back