My son and some candid shots.

MyTonyTiger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just thought I would share a few candid shots of my son playing this afternoon and enjoying a warm winters day.

8302726608_66d27afb6d_z.jpg

IMG_3752-small by mytonytiger, on Flickr

IMG_3760-small by mytonytiger, on Flickr

IMG_3761-small by mytonytiger, on Flickr

#2 is cute. #3 is simply adorable! He looks so grown-up in #3, with his dress oxfords on! That's a fun age. It's great to be a parent. The natural light is decent, and the fill-flash adds a touch of eye-sparkle. In #2, I like the kind of quiet,contemplative expression you have captured. The second and third shots are made better by you having crouched down relatively close to the eye level of your son.

i like number 3 as well, you captured a great moment.

I think #3 is clearly the best.
He is engaged with something close to the camera and has a very interesting expression, his position is great and he fills the space in the frame in such a way that your eye is is drawn into the frame.

That last is the main problem with #2, his attention is directed out, as is mine, and the right side of the frame is empty letting all the tension out.

Thank you all. I liked #3 the best as well. I especially was glad to see just a little of the flash in his eyes. I just wish they had been better focused. I'm going to blame that on the lens.
With #2, I look at it and wonder what in the world a two year old has going through his mind for him to look so pensive?
#1 was just a fun shot as he really was trying to climb the tree.

#2 and #3 are definitely money shots. #3 is slightly better, but #2 is right up there too.

Great pics. Crisp clear, I love them all, but agree 2 and 3 are winners with 3 being spot on perfect...good job

#3 is the best to me!!
his facial expression looks like a young man! :D
love children photography always!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments and feedback.

#3 is the cutest, and the best shot of the kiddo. but for me #2 is by far the strongest photograph. there's just something so peculiar (in a good way) about a kid that age sitting calmly in contemplation. lots of things come together to make this work, the infinity stare, the posture and clasped hands, the darkness (which borders on underexposure) is spot on for the mood and provides a perfect contrast to the lighting which shines on just the front of his face, the slightly downward perspective gives the distinct feeling of being an observer and not a part of whatever's going on in his mind at the time... if anything i might bring up the highlights a bit to increase the contrast with lighting his expression. in any case, awesome shot.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back