My son's Xmas photos... please CC

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! So here is this years attempt at his Xmas photos. One thing that I haven been struggling with and was wondering if yal had any good input. SKIN TONES! I know these are cohesive. I was trying to use his eye or teeth for it but even doing that its not consistent. Any recommendations on how to do it when you dont have anything white in any photo.

1 $IMG_1399.jpg1/125, f5.6, iso 3200 I had originally been trying to get photos of myself and was having my neighbor who has NO clue about photography so I put on the cheap o zoom lens. I wanted lots of bokeh but I nailed him smiling... Is my skin tone too warm?
2$IMG_1435.jpg1/160, f2.5, iso 1250 (auto iso, didn't realize i had changed it to this by accident)
I HATE my cheap ass carpet the previous owner installed! Dear Santa: New carpet or hardwood would be awesome! lol! I wish I had thought of putting down our christmas blanket in this one but I didn't. I know he's not looking at the camera but I like how he has that pondering look. Like he's thinking of what he wants for Xmas...

3$IMG_1437.jpg1/160, f2.5, iso 1600.
Hate the carpet wish it was hardwood, wish we were further away so I could've gotten better bokeh. Its def oof but not what I was imagining.
4$IMG_1440.jpg1/160, f2.5, iso 1600.
Hate the chopped fingers.
5$IMG_1441.jpg1/160, f2.5, iso 1600.
Love these photos. Hate the chopped fingers, I kind of did realize it but Im 7 12 months pregnant and to be point blank I know I should've moved back and its too tight of a crop but it is what it is.
6$IMG_1459.jpg1/160, f2.5, iso 640 (all these are auto iso ooops!)
Love the catch light in his eyes and the goofy smile
7$IMG_1470.jpg 1/160, f2.5, iso 640
Hate the crop. I obviously had cut the ear out he was being quite silly. Really like the bokeh, def feel like the teeth are the focus point.

Please let me know what yal think.... please tear them apart! I love to learn!

My questions out of this are:

How are my skin tones? I feel like 1 & 6 are warmer then the rest of the bunch.... are those too warm or are the others too cold? anyone have any good reads on this for me....
How are my B & W conversions? I tend to like how each looks in a set that I do but have found out thru cc thru here they are never cohesive either.

I think I do a pretty good job self CC and caught a lot of other things yal would see so please point out anything else!!

Thanks guys!!!!

I see a lot of middle grey in those photos that can be used to auto correct WB in lightroom.

#3 for the win in my book. I'm not a people photographer and so don't have much to constructively add. He looks very jovial in that photo. Good capture!

Wow these are great. I like the very relaxed non posing style. That's hard to get from a kid that age. Props.

The framing is best in the first three. If you plan to frame these, you're going to be covering up body parts and chopping his head once in the frame.

Maybe try to get a liiiiiittle more of the tree in there. When you first see these, they look like cute portraits, but don't really scream Christmas.

Most reactions

Back