my stock photos C&C

If they go on shutterstock they could be worth as much as $0.5 on those sites you need hundreds if not thousands

Do you mean as little as $.50??? Making money off of fifty cent photos is going
to be a tough task.

I dont want to be crude, but these are pretty low quality for stock photos. What camera did you shoot them with? They usually prefer something with 10mp +

Also I can see a bit of noise in them too.

Stock is about quality AND quantity. You have to have amazing images that stand above the other 30,000 images of the same kind AND have alot of them up there if you want to make any decent money.

Its fun to experiment with, but if you want real income, you need to make stock photography a primary focus for your photography.

Good luck getting those approved. I've found their reviewers are incredibly picky. If they already have a bunch of something (like fruit), the pics will get rejected.

Yeah, they can be pretty picky...

I have a few images up on a few different sites. I don't really expect to make a living off of it, but a few bucks here & there would be nice.

Fotolia seems to be the quickest to approve your photos, but if they reject it they don't really tell you why. You have to ask in their forum. Dreamstime takes longer to approve your stuff, but if they do reject anything they tell you why so you can fix it & resubmit.

EDIT
And just because they got rejected doesn't necessarily mean they suck. I've had photos that got rejected on one site get approved on another.

Last edited:
I'm not in it for the money so much as letting people see my work that I enjoy makeing. So I'll try those sites.

Edit: I was useing a D50 set at ISO 200 with a f/22 and shutter speed of 2/10. I had a slow speed b/c I had to trigger the flash that I was holding above the subject durring the shutter sequence.

Last edited:
Look into 123rf.com too. They seem to be the slowest though...

Most reactions

Back