my street at night

julius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I moved into a new house (doesn't have the net so I haven't been on here as much as I'd like). I haven't been taking many photos lately but I did take this which is a couple of houses away from where I live.

I'd like to here your opinion on this shot. Personally I was fairly happy with how it came out but the few people I show haven't been very impressed at all. Perhaps it's too busy, or the subject isn't interesting enough to keep you engaged. I liked the shadows, the offset of the beacon things and the lines created by the headlights of the car and the pavement.

Please feel free to speak your mind. I have very thick skin and want to improve.

Thanks for looking!

53omefk.jpg

Hmmm....I'm in between. I like the shot, but at the same time, I do think it's a bit too busy for me. I have a hard time finding a spot for my eyes to rest....there doesn't seem to be a specific subject.

It's almost as if you have two different shots in one photo. One one half you have the streaking lights, and the lines of the curb leading you up the photo, and on the other side, you have the cones and the light posts.

I think maybe in this case, choosing a point of focus, and eliminating the other things, would have helped.

I definitely see Corry's point but I think that how busy the photo is represents the city at night well. It reminds me of Chicago at 1 A.M. and waiting on traffic on a side street because of construction.

i wonder if you turned your camera on a busy sidewalk at night. I like the concept of the shot, but as corry said, i don't know where my eyes should go.

I don't know how I feel about this. Its busy but not busy enough to convey the nighttime atmosphere in the city. Thus I'm left finding this picture very awkward. Seeing as there isn't the main subject isn't interesting , well, at all, I find myself searching for something but not quite finding it.

I like the feeling that this photo give me~but as mention before, it lacks a interesting point

Most reactions

Back