My Submission for a local "Recycling Photo Contest" - 14yrs. Old

Sluchy523

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Um, please CC for my submission for a local photo contest. I'm entering in the 14 & under category. I'll take criticism about how the shot was taken but I mainly would advice on what to do with the picture before I submit it (cropping, framing, exposure etc.) Thanks.

P.S The rather terrible image quality is because I used ISO 3200 and then reduced the revolting noise in post processing. The fact that I double processed the image as a jpeg to fit the quality into this website's limits may also be a factor.

$TERRIBLE IMAGE CUZ OF DAT IMAGE PROCESSING TO FIT DOSE DANG TINY KB REQUIREMENTS.jpg

For being as young as you are I think its great. However, if you hadnt told me the photo was about recycling, I would never have guessed.

Maybe if you could get the container positioned to where you can see the recycling symbol, it would help pull the story together.

It's quite underexposed. I'd suggest shooting it again, but in the daytime so that it will be much easier to get a good exposure and to have it be sharp.

Use a fast shutter speed to freeze the motion of the bag and yes, use a lower ISO to keep the noise down.

Also, I'd change up the composition. The whole right side of the image is just 'background'. You want to emphasize the person but especially the bag and the recycle bin. As it is, we can only see the top of the bin. If you could pick a better angle, we might be able to see a lot more of the bin, which is what you help to make the photo about recycling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back