My Third Wedding - Third Shooter (lots o' pics!)

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lynccaharveyphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As it says in the subject, I was the third shooter. I'm definately getting more comfortable with the craziness. This wedding was inside thankfully, but most of the portraits were outside in the 104 degrees and of course I was in long black pants and tunic top. I thought I was going to die!

We had a ball anyway. They are a really sweet couple.

p360732232-4.jpg

p349310477-4.jpg

p249125954-4.jpg

p115543382-4.jpg

p852110010-4.jpg

p992640748-4.jpg

7. These guys were a hoot :)
p812684503-4.jpg

p131349399-4.jpg

p758838909-4.jpg

p1051376894-4.jpg

p941626104-4.jpg

12. This one is brushed quite a bit cause by this point he was soaking wet with sweat (we all were, but we didn't have to look good!)
p491481299-4.jpg

Last edited:
:clap:

WOW....some great shots there. I really like #6...great job.

The groom and ushers look like a funny bunch. Great pose to capture how they were!

I'm not a fan of #1 or #10
I find you don't see the detail too well in #1 a the dress is a bit too far away. It gets lost in the background and doesn't stand out.

I don't like the composition on #10. Probably just personal taste, I don't like how he is cut off and having her at his feet like that. Gives off the "submission" vibe to me.

#5 looks a tad over processed, or she might have a bit too much makeup on. Both are possible hehe.

I really like those two detail shots, the rings and the seat placers. Nice and crisp, very professional. Are you using a macro lens for this?

:clap:

WOW....some great shots there. I really like #6...great job.

Thank you. I'm really starting to enjoy it. The lead photographer gave me a lot more freedom this time with posing, suggestions, and shooting; which resulted in better shots for me and additional shots to choose from for her.

The groom and ushers look like a funny bunch. Great pose to capture how they were!

I'm not a fan of #1 or #10
I find you don't see the detail too well in #1 a the dress is a bit too far away. It gets lost in the background and doesn't stand out.

I don't like the composition on #10. Probably just personal taste, I don't like how he is cut off and having her at his feet like that. Gives off the "submission" vibe to me.

#5 looks a tad over processed, or she might have a bit too much makeup on. Both are possible hehe.

I really like those two detail shots, the rings and the seat placers. Nice and crisp, very professional. Are you using a macro lens for this?

#1 isn't my favorite either really. I have a couple other variations that are closer in showing less of the background and more of the dress, but none of them make we really wild with excitement. :lol: It was a fairly boring, functional venue, so there weren't many options.

I agree on #10 being a personal choice. I'm a pretty independent person and work with all men and I don't see it as submissive, but I certainly see how it can be. I see it more as "protective". Several of their bridesmaids already picked it as one of their favs, so it must be ok to them. Variety is the key eh?

As far as her skin on #5, she had some pretty bad acne, covered by makeup that was sliding off her face in the 104° weather. That's all I can say on that... :lol:

Yes, the guys were really funny (and the girls too). We had the formal shots, then had them do one goofy one, then after that (this one included), they would talk amongst themselves and strike a pose. It was greatness! By the way, the third guy is on his very tipy-toes so he could look big and bad too. We were cracking up.

Oh, last, yes the detail shots are taken with my macro lens. It really make a big difference on close-ups.

Thanks for the detailed critique!

Last edited:
Very good photos methinks. I really like #6 and #7.
Maybe it's time for you to be a first shooter, no?

-Bob

Child Photography

#10 is my favorite because it is different. Didn't think of the "submissive" thing until I got to bigtwinky's post. And I still don't quite see that.

On the other hand, #6 doesn't do much for me except make me want to put my monitor on its side.

Goes to show how taste is a personal thing.

Very good job overall.

Sorry, I never saw these replies!

Very good photos methinks. I really like #6 and #7.
Maybe it's time for you to be a first shooter, no?

-Bob

Child Photography

Thank you. I'm getting there :) I just got chosen as a 2nd shooter for a traditional Vietnamese wedding this weekend. I'm excited, but nervous. I will be at a different location to start with to shoot the groom than the first shooter, so I am on my own for that part! I'm terrified! :gah:
All I can say is, how did a guy like him get a girl like that

He is studying to be a missionary. He is a big 'ol teddy bear and really fun. They are very sweet together :) Sometimes looks aren't everything! ;)

#10 is my favorite because it is different. Didn't think of the "submissive" thing until I got to bigtwinky's post. And I still don't quite see that.

On the other hand, #6 doesn't do much for me except make me want to put my monitor on its side.

Goes to show how taste is a personal thing.

Very good job overall.

Yup, agreed. I try to do a little traditional and a little experimentation. The couple can choose which they like. ... and thank you :)

#6 is amazing. The bouquet is SO loud though that it distracts from such an amazingly beautiful bride!

I love them, I think you are doing fantastic work, it is time for you to move up.
My only comment has been brought up, I think you may have gone a bit too far on the PP for her skin. It is just a bit too fake in some.

Good Job.

Another vote here for #6 - great shot!! What lens was that? Did you have lights set-up? PP work?

Very nice!!

Thanks Speedtrap :)

I'm second-shooter this weekend for a traditional Vietnamese wedding. I'm really excited and nervous too. The first location (the groom's house), I will be all by my lonesome until we move to the bride's house for a ceremonial tea with the families.

Wish me luck!

Another vote here for #6 - great shot!! What lens was that? Did you have lights set-up? PP work?

Very nice!!

It was with my nifty-fifty, with natural light. The post processing was to clean up acne and we were sweating like pigs (103 out).

I'm pretty much shooting all primes right now until I can afford the zooms. I tell ya, if I can get by on my equipment, I can't wait to see what I can do with a 70-200 :lol: It just goes to show equipment isn't everything. I see plenty of wedding photographers with really high-end equipment that completely suck. Of course, I think to be at the TOP end you have to have both skill and equipment :) I'm still working on both :sexywink:

I'm pretty much shooting all primes right now until I can afford the zooms.

I say stick with the fixed focal length lenses. They not as convenient, but I'm willing to sacrifice convenience for the lighter, brighter, sharper lenses.

NICE job, Lyncca!

I too like the portraits of the bride (5 and 6). You handled it well!!

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back