My trip to God's Own Country - Kerala - India.

cutestguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was my first trip to the lovely backwaters of Alleppy (Alappuzha), the Venice of South India. The day was gloomy and damp, as typical during the monsoon climate with dark clouds hovering above us. As the photographer in me worried about the light and exposure, the other members in my team were worried about the rains which may spoil our day in the houseboat. We rented a houseboat for day full and spend the whole day moving slowly through the backwaters of Alleppy. He had a typical Kerala lunch which special fish fry (Pearl Spot - Karimeen) and some lovely big lobsters, cooked live by our boatmen! Even though it didnt rain that day till we got inside our car while returning home, the overcast was there which hindered my shooting day! Anyway, with the existing light I shot these pics which showcases the beauty of Gods' Own Country even on a gloomy day !

Please feel free to C&C

DSC_0578.jpg

And there they go....

DSC_0425.jpg

God's Own Country.

DSC_0421.jpg

Take a nap

DSC_0411.jpg

Green Lagoons

DSC_0396.jpg

The lone survivor.

DSC_0392.jpg

Mirror Image.

DSC_0377.jpg

The lone dock.

DSC_0372.jpg

Lonely Planet.

DSC_0366.jpg

Along the shore.

DSC_0337.jpg

They went ahead.

DSC_0328.jpg

A lone boat.

DSC_0240.jpg

One Happy Family

DSC_0232.jpg

Calm and serene Captain.

DSC_0207.jpg

We had company.

DSC_0194.jpg

Corridor

DSC_0640.jpg

Passer by

DSC_0616.jpg

Heaven's Doors about to open.

there are way too many pictures here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more than half of these are of a centered shoreline with trees reflecting in the water. it got boring after the second one. by the way, all of the horizons are crooked. all of the exposures are off. none of these really stick out to me. they all look like snapshots..

There are a lot of pics here and I have to admit after the first 5 or 6 I got tired of scrolling. With that said to me it seems the first few are a little OOF.

I'm with Rusty, I'm afraid: they fast got boring. While there may be only one subject (water, coastline, the odd tree), it is not interesting for others to be shown ALL your variations on that same subject. Be quite discriminate about your own photos before you start showing them and choose the one (or those two) that you think are the best of the bunch. Work on those in post (straight horizon lines, errors in exposure remedied and all), and then show us for critique.

Let me say this in general (not to you in person), for I have felt this for quite some time: to my mind, it is bordering on rudeness to thrust ALL your photos on someone else for his/her opinion, indiscriminately, without having done a thing to the photos, just: "Here, my lot, look (and like them)". I stress it once again: I'm saying this VERY MUCH IN GENERAL, it's for everybody, not against you in person!

I like the "Gods own country" bit, why not live there? seems to me there's a lot cant stand the place, or its two nearest neighbours, they all seem to want to live here, then again God doesn't seem to figure highly on their lists unless it involves the beheading of those simple souls who choose to believe.

I agree with the other posters regards your pics, if that's heaven then I'm glad to be earthly, looks like a big swamp to me. Oh, I've been there too, all over the place and found it to be the biggest toilet on the planet. H

I like the "Gods own country" bit, why not live there? seems to me there's a lot cant stand the place, or its two nearest neighbours, they all seem to want to live here, then again God doesn't seem to figure highly on their lists unless it involves the beheading of those simple souls who choose to believe.

That's a bit of a generalization don't you think? You can't just label people like that.

Most reactions

Back