My two kids (candid)

TreeofLifeStairs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
treeoflifestairs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Getting these two to be still and pose them is impossible, so candid pictures are the best I can get from them. This is just a random day out and about so no hair done or anything like that. I think my son actually has some marker on his arms. Let me know your thoughts. Composition, exposure, WB, skin tones, DoF...

$Lillian and Colin-sml.jpg

I am a sucker of photos like this that is shot wide. I personally prefer if you had shown more of the grassy area.

I too love candids and most of the time that is all I can take of my own son!! Uhhh! The struggle of being a parent-photographer, your children already know what all of your gadgets are and run when ever they see it coming.
Cute picture, they looked really into what they were doing, but maybe brighten their skin up a bit and "warm" the picture? But then again I prefer the look of "warmer" shots.

It has some good, strong diagonals in it that help make it seem "active". Your son's crouching pose is really helpful in that respect. This has some fairly good side-lighting on it, which can be tricky to process sometimes. For a candid "real-life" shot of a person's kids, it's much better than the run of the mill type shot. it's a shared activity, and both of them are really focused on it, and totally paying no heed to the camera, so that makes it seem very "real".

Great picture! Can't wait till my little girl is big enough to walk so I can get some decent candids of her. Only when she sees ANY lens, she stares into it and gets into posing mode and she's only 5 months.

I don't think you need to brighten their skin up on the other hand, I feel like that's probably right around where their skin tone is. I'm not a HUGE fan of post editing unless everything still looks natural and this does. As others stated, the realness of the photo is captivating. Cute kids man. :)

Most reactions

Back