My version of rock pictures...

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I saw this rock sticking out of nowhere so I decided to wait for sunset to see what kind of picture I could get out of it. What do you guys think?

rocksunset.jpg

I think that's an excellent treatment of a difficult exposure situation.

Translation: Nice pic, I like it! :)

SuperShot! It kinda has A Sci-Fi feel to it. I am continualy amazed at some of the photo's I see on this board and this is definatly one of them.

I want a 4' x 8' to hang on my bedroom wall :)

Cruzin said:
SuperShot! It kinda has A Sci-Fi feel to it. I am continualy amazed at some of the photo's I see on this board and this is definatly one of them.
I came here at first to learn about photography. Though I still have a LOT to learn, I'm always checking this forum and the critique forum the most. Photos like this drive me to want to take better ones myself.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments. :D

Cruzin said:
I am continualy amazed at some of the photo's I see on this board
There indeed are a lot of great photographers on this forum. I always get inspired when I see pictures on this site.

GREAT job! composition..lighting...very nice. how did you expose this?

photong said:
how did you expose this?
I basically did two things. The first thing I did was use my flash, but the sky turned out slightly overexposed. That required me to make another adjustment. The second thing I did was switch to manual mode and gave it a slight exposure bias towards the sky, which basically gave me the picture you see here. Thanks for your comment photong. :D

Most reactions

Back