My very first newborn photos. What I learned and what I need to learn!

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow, first of all, I have great respect for all you newborn photographers! This was much harder than I ever expected.

What I learned:
1. Newborns seem to know the very NANOSECOND when a stranger enters the room. And they don't like it one bit.

2. You can heat up the room and feed the baby all you want, but they still know when a stranger is in the room.

3. Turn off the "beep" on your Elinchrome Battery.

4. They will poop on you if you try to move their butt into a different position.

5. They shed skin like nuts a few days after being born.

6. They don't fit into cute little themed Easter Baskets.

7. They have little patience for new newborn wedding photographers!

My questions to newborn photographers is: HOW DO YOU GUYS DO IT? How do you bend them into the perfect little photo?

candaceblog001.jpg

candaceblog002.jpg

candaceblog003.jpg

candaceblog004.jpg

candaceblog005.jpg

candaceblog006.jpg

candaceblog007.jpg

candaceblog008.jpg

candaceblog009.jpg

candaceblog010.jpg

candaceblog011.jpg

I love your wedding work and these are great but I honestly think in some the babys skin is overdone. She almost looks plastic in a couple, I would ease up just a tad on the smoothing. Again just my humble opinion.

No pro here, but I agree the skin is overdone and they look a tad purple/red in tone to me. Overall, I think they look wonderful!

No problem mrcfarms. I'm kinda known for super processed stuff and so that is why people come to me, and back to me. I know it's weird to most photographers, but it's what I do.

But actually, I was gonna try to do this clean. The problem was that the baby was shedding like nobodies business. I mean flakes everywhere. Mommy and Daddy tried to make it right but it was some crazy skin flaking. I mean like 80 percent of the body or more. I was like......AKKKKK! I had no choice but to fix it. I can post up a before shot if that will help.

Hi Amazing Grace. Are you on a laptop?

post it. You can process it but you can keep it look natural.

No problem. I'm always looking for a way to grow. I also put my photos up as ok to edit, so have at it.

Here is an SOOC original. Can't wait to see the results. Thanks for the responses in advance!

por_candace_00700.jpg

thats not bad. I cant because i am at work. I am sure someone will give it a try.

You should give it a try. Would you rather a RAW file? I can wait until you are at home. I'd really like to see what can be done with it.

I love your wedding work and these are great but I honestly think in some the babys skin is overdone. She almost looks plastic in a couple, I would ease up just a tad on the smoothing. Again just my humble opinion.

No pro here, but I agree the skin is overdone and they look a tad purple/red in tone to me. Overall, I think they look wonderful!

I agree with both of these statements.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, but it's been calibrated with an X-Rite Eye-One calibrator. So... do with that knowledge what you will. :lol:

In some of them, the baby's skin looks more purple/red than others.... and I just realized that it's the one where she's on that blanket... so you're probably getting a color cast from that?

The reason I asked if you were on a laptop is because you can't really calibrate a laptop correctly. I have to calibrate weekly to make sure all my prints turn out ok.
I'm not doubting you are seeing the images in a certain way. And if you looked at a calibrated monitor you might see them just the same. That's why I asked.

No I am not. This monitor is very accurate with color. It's my work computer, and was brand new when I got here. I check my photos on this computer b/c I edit on a laptop at home.

Most reactions

Back