My very first picture

nora

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a Sony DSC-W50 last week and this is the first picture I took other then regular silly pictures of my shoes and stuff.. I'm a total newbie when it comes to photography but I'd like to hear what you guys think and what I can do to improve. :)

LTMWSP398072-02.jpg

Try not to keep your main object in the center of the frame

Also the levels look like they need tweaking, you do that with the editing software that should have came with the camera.

that center thing is a matter of taste. I like center composition. I dont like composition off center for no reason. that is of course just my personal opinion.

It is most important now that you use your camera and get used to it. Find out what it can do and what it can't do then find ways to push it more.

Also look at other pictures by other people and see what makes them good. You will get a feel for it quickly.

Thanks for the critique. :)
I'll try playing around with the camera settings some more and I'll try testing with centers and stuff. I checked out a lot of pictures on here already and I doubt I'll ever be able to get close to how good they are but it's still fun to take pictures.. I've loved it ever since I was a kid :D

I think the in camera white balance was a bit off, so the reds and greens look a bit washed out for my tastes. Did you use Photoshop to edit it? If so, you might want to try a slight s shape in the curves to deepen the colors and excentuate the contrast.

I also agree that the composition for something like this should be of center. Center compositions tend to work better with minimalistic, or perfectly symmetrical subjects. Very nice first effort :)

Most reactions

Back