my website is up and running... yipeee!!!

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everyone... seeing as this is my favourite gallery - go the portraits! - I thought i may as well put a link to my brand new site here too...

http://www.whitewishphotography.com.au

I am really happy with it and would love to hear what you think too. I've made that many changes so far, im sure my designer hates me but if you can think of any more, let me know!! Thanks xx :heart: jemma xx

Jemma,

I really like the site I think it is really easy to navigate round and has a fresh feel to it. More importantly, you have populated the site with some fantastic portraiture and it is this which will sell your services more than the site itself.

Under 'babies' the last thumbnail does not take you to the same picture - all others seem fine and I spotted a typo on your pricing page in the sitting fee section, which should read 'shoot' I think.

I have been looking into getting a website set up and haven't a clue where to start. How did you go about this and did it take you long to arrange? Did you purchase the template and then arrange a seperate hosting service?

Well done!

Jamie

Hey Jemmy. Just checked out the site. Everything looks good and as jamie said, easy to navigate. I noticed the same typo on the price page:

$75.00 In home or location portrait shtto from Brisbane to the Gold Coast. Includes $25.00 worth of print credit to be spent on White Wish portraits

It can be a pain setting up a site. I just finished doing mine myself, and it seems like you never finish checking and re-checking. Nice.

Very nice site with very nice work as well. Now you've inspired me to get off my rear and starting working on mine.

OO Its gorgeous !!! Want to do mine??? hehe....

Thanks everyone... I am loving it...yeah!!!!... but I didnt build it holly!!... I Tried and gave up... had a good idea of how i wanted it to look but thats about as far as it goes... figured i'd stick to photography rather than web-building!

Thanks for the typo jamie and johnboy... Jamie... will go and check out that bodgey baby thumbnail now thanks! The designer who built my site is 'ignition media'... she was recommended to me by my sisters boyfriend... but seeing as she is on the Gold Coast (QLD, australia) and you're in the uk, it probably won't work! x First i tried to build my own, with help from my aunty, but just couldnt get the look i was after... thats when i seeked 'professional' help. I basically told her i wanted a simple, inviting site... lots of white... to go with my name...plus a splash of fuscia and black (to go with the colours in the studio once it's off the drawing block!) and did up some sample page layouts in jasc paint shop pro... then gave her cds of the pics and voila!! She also does hosting and i bought my ".com.au" through apexhost.com just to secure my name. Those portraits of you and your beautiful girlfriend were great so looking forward to checking out your site once its up and running x

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I was hoping you would like it and it looks like you did!! yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your inspiration xxx

jemmy, hope you don't mind me asking but was it very expensive to have it all set up. Not sure about aus, but in us it can be pricey. I'm looking to do my own site and kinda shopping around. was just curious.

Your pictures are amazing!!! I have seen your work on here but your website photos are perfect!!!!!

Very nice site!!!! Matter fact, EXTREMELY nice! I am currently in the process of building my own site (http://skweekie.com) too. Your site looks great and is really easy to navigate through! Your pictures are excelent bro!!!

Simplicity at its best!

rp1600.... it cost me close enough to aus.$1000.00.... i tell you after my rather pathetic attempt at building it myself to save $$, it was money well spent! x

Thanks again everyone for your kind comments!!! xxx

Well it looks beautiful hun!!!

I have been working on mine and FOUND what was used in yours for the photos.. I have been looking for that for ummm EVER! SO this will work perfecetly! Love your colors too! now keep putting those pictures in there they are gorgeous!

Most reactions

Back