my website is up...

holga girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
okay, so it went live this week. it is not quite finished. hubby put it live before i was done with the images. we still need to do the contact and blog section as well as two of the galleries. my 'about me' still needs a photo and i would like to add some borders around my images to separate them from the background a little.

taking all of that into account, what do you think? be brutal.... well, not brutal, but honest.

thanks!

jennifer

jennifersmutek.com

Very nice site! I love the layout. One day I hope to have a web site that looks as good as that!

thanks for all of the kind words! is there anything i should consider changing? anything that seems off or does not sit right with you?

I love it!!

yup, good stuff. some nice photographs in there, too, which is always good! lol.

Jennifer,
Appears very clean and professional. Nice job! I see you are adding a blog. I am still debating on that myself. Just don't know if I would be a good "blogger". Good luck with the bits that are still under construction.

tinfish,

thanks for the kind words. i checked out your site, i love the vertical text. for the blog, i thought it might be nice way to post up some of my 'for fun' stuff for people to see. i also thought it may be a way for perspective clients to learn a bit about me and make some sort of personal connection with me before they ever even meet me.

not sure if it will work like that, but that's my motive anyway. i wouldn't imagine that you would have to keep up with it alot. maybe once every month or so.

Checked out the site. very clean. Very professional. I likey.

Do you mind if I ask what code/script you used for the galleries?

To share and share alike you can check out the latest site I have designed and set up for another pro-photographer and any details you want I can give you. :)

http://www.catherinewidemire.com

If you are not comfortable telling your script/code I understand.

JT

tyjax,

I don't mind sharing at all. that is why we are here, right?
hubby built the site, so i don't know much about its bones. he said that he used slide show pro and slide show director? i think i have that right.

i checked out the site that you posted.... very nice btw. we want to include a customer log in section where clients can log it and order prints from me. i see that you have one there... any suggestions?

i am glad to hear so many positive things about the site. everyone keeps saying 'clean' which i know is good, but i am beginning to become concerned that it is too simple and people are using the word clean to make it sound positive. hopefully i am just being paranoid.

In todays web mess with thousands of very cluttered web pages and fairly poorly designs being the run of the mill, simple, clean and the tighter the design the more you will stand out. Its very simple design is a selling point. Trust me... :)

(makes note of slideshow notes.) Tell your husband he did good. :)

The back end is prepackaged deal from instaproofs.com, i really can not reccomend them too much. the photographer does fulfillment via mpix.com. I had a shopping cart/slideshow all coded and then the photog told me she had been using the two so... viola! no need to reinvent the wheel. We shoot together and she is a dear friend so my ego was spared the inevitable blow. :)

Let me know if you want more details.

do you have any control over the flash? if so i have just one suggestion as far as it's function.

during the slideshow there's a little circle count-down thing, and then after that it loads the next image, which seems to add another few seconds.

instead it would be smart to load the next image WHILE the count down is ticking so that it's ready when the circle is complete.

again just a minor suggestion if you can help it. if not that's ok too, not a big deal =]

For those of you who might like a similar gallery without paying for Slideshow Director. You might want to look at an open source alternative called dfGallery. You can see an example I just spent the last 4 hours getting to work. Marginally. Here http://jwtyler.com

Most reactions

Back