My Wedding Photographer

Luminosity

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
So here I go with planning my wedding to Josh and he's the one kickin me up the butt to start this whole planning shebang ( I thought the girl was the one who gets giddy about the wedding planning ? :lol: ).

We have a wedding planner, as the whole do is gonna be in Hawaii and it made sense to get an expert who has planned a gazillion weddings there in the last 20 years. She has given us a few photographers names, of which she uses but none of which passed my test ( Josh is picky about the food and wine, I'm picky about the photographer, naturally ). So I went off on a search of my own, ended up on the WPJA website and was instantly drawn to the name 'Alluring Grace', clicking on it first. I liked what I saw, they're a husband and wife team and I went to check out where they were based and it's in HAWAII !!! Hows that for 'meant to be'.

Has anyone heard of them, dealt with them, know about them? We've been back and forth with them and have instantly developed a raport but I am curious if anyone here knows of them.

Here's their site: http://www.alluringgrace.com/

i could definately suggest a wedding photographer here in hawaii if youre interested, or if youre unhappy with your options this far. let me know if thats something you would be interested in.

090405.jpg

Based on their site and sample images I think you've made a great find!

I agree with the rest, that couples gallery was quality. Very classy looking too

Thanks for the feedback guys, the photographers that the wedding planner supplied us with had me going " Hmmm, not bad......ok that one is really standard.....not bad.....hmmm my nephew could do better......" as i clicked through their portfolios. Yet these two had me going " Love it.....wow....beautiful.....pretttyyyyyy" for pretty much every shot.

We booked them, paid a deposit ( by the way, they asked for 50% deposit of the final quoted cost.....with the balance to be paid a few weeks before the wedding. Is this much of a deposit normal ? ). I was thinking it has to do with the fact that we don't live in Hawaii....

Nice pick, Lums! :)

Luminosity said:
(by the way, they asked for 50% deposit of the final quoted cost.....with the balance to be paid a few weeks before the wedding. Is this much of a deposit normal ? )
Yes, it is.

danalec99 said:
Nice pick, Lums! :)

Yes, it is.

Dan!! Hellllloooo!

I thought it was, I didnt blink at the 50% deposit to secure their booking but then we've had Josh's folks and my mum getting all suspicious about them etc ( much to our annoyance, as I'd like to think Josh's and my judgement is pretty good....not to mention we research the heck out of everything....). So their worrying over the extent of the deposit compelled me to ask.

Most reactions

Back