My wife and Son

The_Caper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Before my wife and son abandonded me at the nature area I took this shot of them together.

I understand that subjects in centre are usually a no no but it was a semi-portrait of the two. I believe the background could be a little more blurred and exposure?? not sure. I am mostly concerned if it is more in focus than some of my last posts.

IMG_0598.jpg

Very nice shot. It would have been nice if he was looking at the camera though. It is definitely in focus. Neat background, but ya, it could be blurred a little more with better depth of field.

Thanks NJMAN:

I appreciate it. I should have opened up to at least 4 or 5.6 to blur that back ground but I guess im still learning from mistakes. I am still concerned about the sharpness of my shots however.

Have a great night NJMAN,

Paul.

I love it and i think its definately ok to have them in the middle of the frame sometimes. I played a little and brightened it up and added a twinge of unsharp mask. Very nice picture and i really like the background!
IMG_0598.jpg

Thanks NJMAN:

I appreciate it. I should have opened up to at least 4 or 5.6 to blur that back ground but I guess im still learning from mistakes. I am still concerned about the sharpness of my shots however.

Have a great night NJMAN,

Paul.

I see that you have the 28-135mm EF canon lens. I use that lens quite a bit myself while doing outdoor portraits and candids. What helps me for outdoor shots is to open the aperture up as wide as it will go, stand back far enough (could be as much as 20-25 feet), zoom all the way in to 135mm, make sure your subject is in the frame, then focus on the eyes and snap the shutter. Depth of field will be very good. Then do some post processing in PS or whatever you use for pp. To get your photos to pop, use Unsharp Mask with settings of radius 0.3, threshold 0, and amount anywhere from 100-150 (play around with it until you are happy with it). Then, when you resize it for web viewing, apply the same unsharp mask settings again. Try a few other things too, such as boosting the saturation a bit if necessary, increasing the levels a bit if its underexposed, etc. Then post it here and let me see how it turned out.

You have a great night yourself Paul. :)

NJ

Thank you very much fellas:

NJ man, thanks for the info in a couple of my posts. It is going to come in handy over the next few shoots. I will play with the criteria i.e unsharp mask with the ratios you gave and fool around with the saturation and re-post.

JimmyJaceyMom: Thank you for the kind words and great job with the shot! Excellent. It seems to me that my wifes eyes are actually sharper in your image than my own. May I ask how you acomplished that.

Thanks again.

Paul.

i think when i brightened it brought them out a little more and then adding a touch of unsharp mask make the detail a little finer. Again, nice job. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back