My Wife

andrewrozell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my wife was nice enough to let me practice, photographing her. c&c are greatly appreciated

heather01.jpg

heather03.jpg

heather02.jpg

My favorite is 2, I like the composition of the photo, and old time feel. Too much shadow on 3.

I like 1 and 2 the best, very shallow Dof. Pose is nice and natural. Maybe its just me, but the eyes seem barlely out of focus. On 2 I love everything about it except the letters on the bench kinda throw it off for me. Beautiful wife btw.

Impressive. Impressive model. Impressive work. I like the last one as well as the first. I think I "Feel" the antiquey emoteive you were trying to evoke. Good work

Hello Andrew,
Your wife and model is stunning.... and the photos are really excellent too.

The only thing that doesn't gel in my head is the new look to this. Ideally it would have been set back in the '30's, and the photo would have had a completely different look about them. I think it's because we have become conditioned through media to expect a certain look from a particular era.

I hope you don't mind, but I experimented with one of your photos, just to give you an idea what I'm talking about... Please let me know if you want me to remove it....no probs at all.

original.jpg

Left: direct positive, mid: Antique, right: sepia.

Personally, I really like the Direct pos on the left.

Let me know what you think.... Great images .....

Cheers,
Sass

Really nice images! I think they could be about half a stop brighter.

I like 'em! Agreed that the exposure could be a little brighter on a few.

Is the focus a touch soft on 1? Or is that intentional?

Regardless, nice composition and emotion. Nice general feel. Your wife makes a great model.

Agree w/ previous comments wrt to focus, exposure et al. Something I think might make these images really stand out is to do selective colourations; that is a B&W subject and colour background or vice versa; sort of grab the dichotomy already there, and slap you in the face with it.

Very nice series. Lucky you, that your wife does these shootings with you...

thank you all for your responses. though i really want to get better, hearing i did a decent job isn't so bad either :sexywink:

perhaps next time, i should only use a DOF that blurs the background and none of her body, yeah?

tirediron: i did the selective desaturation on one image, i will post it tonight for you.

Very nice! I love the first two photos. On the first one I wish her face and eyes were more in focus. Thanks for sharing!

Nice shots. Slightly soft as has been mentioned. #3 is slightly distracting in that I can see what looks to be her contact lens. A little PS work should sort that though.

Most reactions

Back