My wife's petunia's

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't claim to know what type these were (I asked her) and I don't have a macro lens to take good pictures of them. These were done with a 70-200 f/2.8.

I like the first one best, but wanted input on how I could have made them better.

1.)

Flowers-4 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2.)

Flowers-3 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Love the first, not so much the second and I'm not sure why. I think it's the texture of the bloom in #1 that works for me.

Hey, Ron; get some twister ties and "enhance" the composition. As long as the ties don't show, that is.

Hey, Ron; get some twister ties and "enhance" the composition. As long as the ties don't show, that is.

On the first one? Not familiar with this technic.

As strange as it may seem to some people, photographers occasionally will "adjust" plant material as needed to improve the composition. So in the case of flowers, if you have one pointing away from the camera, try to get it to turn a little, so it faces into the camera more.

Another trick is to tie down (or up) any extra flower stems or branches that may adversely affect the background.

#1 places the center of the subject close to the the upper right hand 1/3 position. My eye goes directly to the subject. #2 My eye just sort of wanders around looking for a subject. I think you may be able to crop #2 and draw a good image out of it.

Oh okay. So you think that the first one, I needed to be straight on to the flower to make it stronger?

Actually, no, I was thinking of the second where the flower on the left is turned away. If you had a composition with three blooms more or less facing the camera, your composition would be stronger. And get the one on the right more into the frame.

Actually, no, I was thinking of the second where the flower on the left is turned away. If you had a composition with three blooms more or less facing the camera, your composition would be stronger. And get the one on the right more into the frame.

I see now. I will have to try this one again. Thank you

#1 places the center of the subject close to the the upper right hand 1/3 position. My eye goes directly to the subject. #2 My eye just sort of wanders around looking for a subject. I think you may be able to crop #2 and draw a good image out of it.

I understand. As I look I also notice the bright upper left too.

Like #1 also. Lighting is perfect

I like the original - it just stands out to me
BUT they are all nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back