TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bwickedphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are the tools of my trade :)
2352803112_9f16aef896_o.jpg

Either your a cop and your just into some pretty hardcore stuff.

Haha - neat-o! I remember being a little kid amazed by the items police officers use :)

where is your back up gun?

G-19? I thought they issued JHP's 9mm Rangers. Arn't those range rounds? What are you feeding that thing? A badge would've been pretty nice to see. Without the badge it just kinda looks creepy.

Thanks DragonHeart -- your work is appreciated!

It looks more like the G-23 / .40 cal to me ;)

I used to target shoot when I was a kid, but haven't in a looong time. But just the other day I was looking at the paperwork to get my firearms permit here in GA, and I'm a big fan of the Glocks. So reliable, easy to break down / clean, and reasonably priced.

Coming from someone who's counting on it, what's your opinion as a personal protection / concealed carry bore -- 9mm, 40 cal, 10mm, or .45 cal?

Thanks DragonHeart -- your work is appreciated!

It looks more like the G-23 / .40 cal to me ;)

I used to target shoot when I was a kid, but haven't in a looong time. But just the other day I was looking at the paperwork to get my firearms permit here in GA, and I'm a big fan of the Glocks. So reliable, easy to break down / clean, and reasonably priced.

Coming from someone who's counting on it, what's your opinion as a personal protection / concealed carry bore -- 9mm, 40 cal, 10mm, or .45 cal?

Not to get into a debate, but the ammo is absolutely not .40 cal. or larger. Which means it is not a G-23. The pistol is indeed a g-19, you can tell just by looking at the mags.
Somone experienced can distinguish the ammo is indeed 9mm by the way the bullet comes to a point. This is only true for 9mm, not true for .40 or .45.
.40 and .45 cal have a flat front surface for standard FMJ's and JHP's.

Hope all goes well in trying to obtain your permit. Any cal pistol do the job as long as you can use the pistol you choose effectively. It really comes down to erganomics and what you feel comfortable with. If your concerned with reliability your pretty safe with glocks, sigs, hk's, and S&W.

Not to get into a debate, but the ammo is absolutely not .40 cal. or larger. Which means it is not a G-23. The pistol is indeed a g-19, you can tell just by looking at the mags.
Somone experienced can distinguish the ammo is indeed 9mm by the way the bullet comes to a point. This is only true for 9mm, not true for .40 or .45.
.40 and .45 cal have a flat front surface for standard FMJ's and JHP's.

Hope all goes well in trying to obtain your permit. Any cal pistol do the job as long as you can use the pistol you choose effectively. It really comes down to erganomics and what you feel comfortable with. If your concerned with reliability your pretty safe with glocks, sigs, hk's, and S&W.

:lol: Not trying to debate, I'm not super-knowledgeable about guns, I just thought it looked more like a 40 cal then a 9mm, no biggie..

btw it's ergonomics ;)

Something you couldnt have taken a picture of, but belongs in there, hopefully.

brainpic.gif

Yes, it is indeed a Glock 19 (9mm). We are currently carrying full metal jackets (but soon to move to hollowpoints). Yes, I am in law enforcement on a military installation (but on the civillian side).

Most reactions

Back