My Yashica T5 skips frames on film advance

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just put a new film in and noticed how the camera keeps skipping frames, which causes the film to be much shorter than it actually is.

What can i possibly do? My guess is that the film magazine (takeup spool) is not working properly. I wonder, what if i put a different DX code to the film cartridge with more exposures than the actual 36?

If i am not mistaken, all i would have to do then is simply count the actual numbers of photos that i took and rewind manually after 36, right?

By "skipping frames" do you mean that the camera winds more that one frame after each exposure?

If so, then your DX hack won't work.

By "skipping frames" do you mean that the camera winds more that one frame after each exposure?

If so, then your DX hack won't work.

Lets say your frame count is at 10. YOu take one pic and suddenly its on 20. When you hit 36, your film will automaticall rewind, which in this case means you lost a cool 10 frames off the film.

So the counter jumps ahead number when you press the shutter button or do you actually hear it winding the film multiple frames ?
Sounds like it is winding more than a single frame ... so you really can't fix that.

So the counter jumps ahead number when you press the shutter button or do you actually hear it winding the film multiple frames ?
Sounds like it is winding more than a single frame ... so you really can't fix that.

Actually if i had to judge by the duration of the advance time, it sounds like it is only advancing one single frame, but the number simply jumps to 5 or more frames.

Well, you can try blowing the dust out of the film chamber. Maybe a film chip is lodged in there and fooling the frame advance sensor or something. Otherwise, a repair isn't really a viable alternative for a camera like that. But, you can always buy another working camera, of course.

Most reactions

Back