Myrtle Beach 2007

Emc209i

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This will be my first set of shared pictures on the board. I am a very amateur photographer, but I gratefully accept the strictest criticism. That's how we learn right? The first set is of pictures that I was pretty happy with, the second lesser quality photo's I thought I would share. Enjoy, and please drop a comment or advise if you have a minute. :D

s5002319bs1.jpg

s5002312uh5.jpg

s5002314kz6.jpg

s5002317cj0.jpg

s5002349zs8.jpg

s5002342vw1.jpg

s5002350dn6.jpg

s5002351hp7.jpg

Most seem just like snapshots. None of them really are exceptional in any way. The last one is kinda cool, I'd liek to see more PP done on it! Keep working!

s5002341ew2.jpg

s5002306kd2.jpg

s5002359ps9.jpg

s5002348qj1.jpg

Our Living room picture in the condo.
s5002277sx9.jpg

The view from the balcony of the condo we were remodeling.
s5002229zh3.jpg

I thought this was a cool contrast of color.
s5002246dq6.jpg

Fish fighting for food at the lake.
s5002378wt0.jpg

Two cute kids at on ice cream parlor. I swear he was trying to kiss her! :mrgreen:
s5002418hp0.jpg

The result when she wouldn't let him.
s5002425cy3.jpg

Neat shirt.
s5002426mx5.jpg

One I snapped of myself in the condo. I liked the lighting!
n36618630339836355234kg0.jpg

Well..... whatcha guys and gals think?

Most seem just like snapshots. None of them really are exceptional in any way. The last one is kinda cool, I'd liek to see more PP done on it! Keep working!

Thank you. Do you have any examples of how to make the shots more "exceptional"? I have never taken a photography class before, so any help or details would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is PP? :thumbup:

Thank you. Do you have any examples of how to make the shots more "exceptional"? I have never taken a photography class before, so any help or details would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is PP? :thumbup:

It stands for post processing, taking it into a picture editing software and making the shots better.. lol.

Thank you. Do you have any examples of how to make the shots more "exceptional"? I have never taken a photography class before, so any help or details would be greatly appreciated. Also, what is PP?
If you can buy "understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson it is a good/ informative book to learn about photography. I am new to this hobby as well. The book is helping me a lot to understand some of the functions of my camera and to compose a picture.
Good Luck!!!...

You have an eye for composition which is a good thing. about half of your pictures are very well composed. You are limited by knowledge of the equipment you are using. You have potential. Keep working at it and try to upgrade to a DSLR...it's a whole new world :wink:

If you can buy "understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson it is a good/ informative book to learn about photography. I am new to this hobby as well. The book is helping me a lot to understand some of the functions of my camera and to compose a picture.
Good Luck!!!...

That book does him no good if his P&S doesn't have a Manual setting. It will get the idea in his head and such.. But thats just about it.

Don't go Blow your money on a specific Photo gen. book right away. You have access to more info then you think you do. Just Browse the Internet and I guarantee you will find all the answers you are looking for. I believe this site even has a area with all the basics of Photography. Unfortunately your Point and Shoot Doesn't have a Manuel mode. Good Luck. Save the money you would spend on a Book and Put it towards a Cheap DSLR KIT.

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I have excess to CS3- In fact, most pictures posted were tweaked manually to repair the original saturation, color, and brightness levels. I really need to learn about how to crop properly though- 1/3rds rule etc.

Camera- Yes, I do understand that having a low dollar digi isn't helping at all. It was a Christmas present two years ago and has served me well. Its certainly taken a beating, one which I'm happy to have put it through rather than a high dollar DSLR. I will be investing in one soon enough. Although, the most expensive equipment in the world is as only good as the photographer, or so I hear. ;)

My camera also does include a manual mode. I adjusted both focal length and shutter speed when all of these pictures were taken. In fact I have never used the automatic feature on this camera. It bugs some people, being that it takes me so long to get the proper shutter speed before I can take a picture. I do understand that more expensive DSLR's also include an array of other manual options. But I give Samsung kudos for at least including FL and SS.

I'm going to have to start reading into how to take more "captivating" pictures.

Well noted. Make senses
That book does him no good if his P&S doesn't have a Manual setting. It will get the idea in his head and such.. But thats just about it.
a lesson learned...
Good Luck!

Don't go Blow your money on a specific Photo gen. book right away. You have access to more info then you think you do. Just Browse the Internet and I guarantee you will find all the answers you are looking for. I believe this site even has a area with all the basics of Photography. Unfortunately your Point and Shoot Doesn't have a Manuel mode. Good Luck. Save the money you would spend on a Book and Put it towards a Cheap DSLR KIT.

The book isn't that expensive, I think I paid no more than $18 for it. I think it is well worth it. Yes you can get alot of info from the net, but the book puts it in a good logical order and its in one place. I take it to work with me and highlight the parts that interest me most.

... I don't know, I guess which ever is more comfortable to use. I don't like to search for everything when I can get a good reference and use it even when the electricity goes out.

Most reactions

Back