~ MYSTICAL DRAWBRIDGE ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
0ACOnkArSMCGXR4xJ3kY3w_thumb_bb62_Fotor.jpg

~ Mystical Drawbridge ~ The drawbridge on Main Street in Mystic, Connecticut allows for the passage of boats with tall masts to pass freely on the Mystic River. The two counterweights are huge and loom ominously above pedestrians crossing the bridge.

Mike ☘️

One of our favorite places.

One of our favorite places.

Our's too. My wife's family kept a boat at one of the marina's in town for many years. We all used the boat as a sort of floating hotel that we often stayed on and it was a short walk to the downtown. They have a great art show there in the streets during the summer.

Mike ☘️

Interesting looking bridge.....

Jeff,
It is an interesting b ridge and serves as a sort of centerpiece for the small town. There is another interesting railroad bridge just down river referred to as the "swing bridge". The being b ridge pivots mechanically on a central stone pivot in the middle of the Mystic River to allow boating traffic to pass at scheduled intervals. An Amtrak high speed rail service runs that line and the train station is a short distance eat of the river in Mystic.

Mike ☘️

We typically stay near Mystic on the way to and from Portland - it's about half way.

We hide with pride!

Thank you for your service. A good friend / hunting partner of mine was a career Submariner. Ironically he was killed several years ago in the frigid waters of the Westport River in Massachusetts when a rogue wave rolled over the boat sending three into the icy January waters. One friend survived, two perished, Rob being one of them. A most ironic end for a guy that had been all over the globe while submerged underwater. We shared a blind with Rob on many hunts and he has been greatly missed ever since.

Mike ☘️

Most reactions

Back