N75 lens compatibility

Youngun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm still new to the idea of interchangable lenses. What types(manual focus, zoom, aperture) of lenses will work with the body? Also, what are some respectable lens brands.

See this page for a list of Nikon body/lens compatibility and an explanation of Nikon lens types:
http://www.nikonians.org/html/resources/nikon_articles/other/compatibility.html

Basically, any AUTOFOCUS Nikkor (or 3rd party AF lens) will work on your N75. This includes AF, AF-D, AF-G, AF-I and AF-S types in the Nikkor line. Manual focus lenses will mount on your N75, but will work only in manual exposure mode, and you will have no in-camera metering.

Youngun said:
No in-camera exposure metering? harsh.
Yes, but unless you really want a manual lense you'll probably be better off with a autofocus lense. Also most D and G Nikkor lenses have the ability to switch to manual focus so you might as well go for autofocus.

oh btw, what is the "date kit" that I've seen sometimes with the N75? It seems to go with the black N75 (which I prefer)

I don't know what the date kit is. Just read the description and see what the camera comes with. The date kit could just be Nikon's way of saying a black body with a kit lense.

No, I think it's the kind that stamps the date on the picture. You probably don't want that.

I haven't found a description yet. I definately do not want dates on my pictures. But the block body looks so great!

Most reactions

Back