Nailing down some texture

Paparazzi Paul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Critique on this one please.
I loved the texture on this one so I decided to set to work on it. It was taken with ISO 50 f16 at 1/2 second.

hinge2uf.jpg

Really like the textures, colour. The placement of the of the steel Item has me wondering thought, its not quite centre nor offset, maybe a slight crop on the top. All in all this shot draws me in to examine it more, well done.

Thanks for all your comments, it was not as straight forward as I thought it would be, because the nails often came out a tad out of focus and the soft natural light worked better in the end with a slow shutter speed.

:cheers:

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this, I love it. I think it would help the composition if the metal was perfectly horizontal, it is a little crooked now. The image also has a blueish cast to it that a warming filter in PS could help. Really nice!

Thanks for your comment.
I have just done that, I have scewed the picture ever so slightly so the hinge is perfectly horozontal. It is in a huge tif file I may post a compressed version when I have time.

I was just a little fussy and I decided to level that hinge a little and put a bit more saturation and a magin on the left so it does not look like it starting to dissappearing out of the picture.

hinge8ud.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back