nails

Onyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i thought this imaged turned out ok but i would like feedback on what could be done to improve it. it was taken with a 5mp sony p-10 ps.
nails.jpg

poor compositing - you've got a a lot of empty grey at the bottom and you've cut off the thumb at the top...

You always need to examine what's at the edges of the frame. Even then you don't always get it right - 20/20 hindsite and all that.

It would be nice if you had the whole thumb in at the top. Either re-shoot or crop the thumb out entirely. Crop the grey off the bottom of the image, so you stop just after the shadows under the toes.

Moving on from there to smaller things, the image if off centre to the left, which is a shame in such a symetrical composition, crop off the right hand side of the image so you lose the distracting black bag, and the jeans are coming in from a similar height to the other side.

Finally, onto the totally mundane nit-picking, the girls hands! The one on the right of the picture is nicely spaced, all four fingers showing, the one on out left isn't. In that image I personally would be looking for complete symetry.

Re-compose, or if possible re-shoot and I really think it's not a bad image. (after all that)

Most reactions

Back