naked back(maybe not safe for work)

i perfer the original.

it is different...i like it a lot.

Digital Matt said:
I too prefer the original. Noise is not always your enemy.
^^ Agreed. I don't shoot digital, but isn't noise the digital equivalent to film grain? Sometimes the grain in an image is what imparts a quality to a film image that is what sets it apart. That's all I am seeing here, and it is used to great effect in the end result. :)

terri said:
^^ Agreed. I don't shoot digital, but isn't noise the digital equivalent to film grain? Sometimes the grain in an image is what imparts a quality to a film image that is what sets it apart. That's all I am seeing here, and it is used to great effect in the end result. :)

Yes noise is the digital equivalent of grain. Very rarely looks as nice as film grain though, if ever. It tends to go unpleasent shades of red and green. Having said that i dont think this photograph crosses that line, i think it looks good

Hi,

It is defenitely a good try. I like the centered position and I really like the colors. I agree with some others that the black part on the left is too dominating. The grain is not always a problem, but digital grain is not very nice when you blow it up. Adding grain with photoshop might work nicer. Try to take it agian. Taking pictures of yourself is difficult. I almost always play a role in my own pictures. I don't agree with eydryan that you would be no longer the photographer. A good photograph is more than just looking through your camera. The picture should be in your head.
Well, try this pic again and it will be very nice. Try different crops and try to show more of your body, but keep it abstract!

Ivo

Most reactions

Back