Nala

lifeafter2am

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nala---BnW.jpg

A Black and White conversion I did of one of our cats, Nala. My fiancee calls her Nala Bear. She is the calm one. :)

It's a photo of your cat...not really much to say about it.

I like that it's close up and fills the frame. All too often, cat photos are just a cat in the middle of much larger area. As for the black & white conversion, I think the whites could be a bit whiter.

It's a photo of your cat...not really much to say about it.

I like that it's close up and fills the frame. All too often, cat photos are just a cat in the middle of much larger area. As for the black & white conversion, I think the whites could be a bit whiter.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. It was the first time that I have done the conversion using the Channels Mixer. So I don't think I need to bump the contrast, so just set the whitepoint?

Ya, the contrast looks pretty good...and will only get more contrasty when you try to up the whites. I would use levels or curves to give it a small tweak.

Ya, the contrast looks pretty good...and will only get more contrasty when you try to up the whites. I would use levels or curves to give it a small tweak.

Something else to learn about now! ;)

Curves

I couldn't find a direct link to levels on that site, but check out the 'Understanding Series'...it's a good read.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back