NAMI Charity Dinner

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few days ago, I had the privilege to shoot a dinner for folks who are dealing with severe mental illness, mostly living in group homes and the like. It was held in a terribly lit (and beige) church hall, but here's what I could do.

NAMI decor by longm1985, on Flickr

NAMI Kitchen by longm1985, on Flickr

NAMI dinner by longm1985, on Flickr

If you want any thoughts on events... when I'm framing shots I'm often looking thru the viewfinder and watching/waiting, sometimes people will move/turn and I can get them in profile if some are facing the camera and some aren't, or I tend to wander and get different vantage points.

It looks like you might be tall so might need to get down lower or frame lower so you don't get light fixtures but get more of the people. That first one is real nice and they're all bright enough if you were in a low light situation. Good to support a worthwhile cause when you can.

I think they were all shot at ISO 3200 due to lighting conditions. You're right, Sharon-I'm 6'4" and often forget that being tall makes framing differently a necessity. Thanks for your thoughts-they're much appreciated.

Most reactions

Back