Naming your camera

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Who names/has named their camera? :mrgreen:
My friend once had a very old film camera named Lomo, and now I'm wondering if I should name my new (used) Pentax K1000. Haha.

I was told naming cars, laptops and other gear is a typical girl's thing :)

I never considered it, since it would not react if i would call it by its name anyway.

Mine has a name.

i call mine....the 5D
:lmao:

yes, but that was not the name given to it by you yourself :p If it was, I would complain, since mine has the same name :p

I've named all my cameras. My old Mamiya 645 1000S I named Murray (once I found out how old the camera really was!) and I named my Mamiya Pro-TL Zoe. I just call my D70, My Baby. :heart:

And yes, I'm a girl. :D

yes, but that was not the name given to it by you yourself :p If it was, I would complain, since mine has the same name :p

good shout.
in that case it's simply called "the camera" or occasionally "the SLR"

if that doesn't count then mine is nameless!!

i named my Garmin GPS system padawan

My girlfriend calls my camera the "really pretty camera". I just tell all my high school friends it's "better than your consumer point and shoot" and they normally say I'm being snobby, but hey, it's true. As for an actual name. I think my Girlfriend told me to call it "Sophie". I have no idea why.

(camera is Canon Rebel XT)

I was told naming cars, laptops and other gear is a typical girl's thing :)

I totally disagree about girls naming their cars more than boys. That is typically a guy thing and the name of the car is almost always a FEMALE name. If I'm not mistaken there are several songs, written by men, about their female named cars.

I totally disagree about girls naming their cars more than boys. That is typically a guy thing and the name of the car is almost always a FEMALE name. If I'm not mistaken there are several songs, written by men, about their female named cars.

You tell 'em. :p
Yes, the friend who named his camera Lomo, was actually a boy. Although I do have an online friend who named her laptop Charlie, so who knows. Ha.

My wife has a name for my Camera.She calls it ,the money pit,& another distraction(from her).:er:

Never named a camera. Have called them names. :D

I agree with what you said about cars, except for some strange reason my first car was "Dauntless Alexander" after I hit a deer at about 65 and drove to the phone to call the State Patrol. Poor little Mini!

I'm driving "Marge" now and there's a Marge Simpson on the dash to protect me. :lmao:

All the others I can think of did have women's names, especially accurate was Christine which was the devils car and the only red car I ever owned.

I still have my first SLR and many in between, in fact have a Brownie from when I was a tiny tot. Digital cameras I'm not as attached, however I just couldn't part with my Mavica that shoots to floppy disks. All the rest went to eBay as I upgraded.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back