National Parks Special Use Permit

Shoot, in america or at least california i didnt think u had to have any permit to shoot in a national park...

Well I go to Denali National Park alot and the only permit that deals with photography is a vehicle permit for pro nature photographers so you can drive the full 90 some mile stretch of the road instead of taking the bus. I guess if you know which one you want I would talk to the rangers there, they are the park experts of rules and regulations.

although if your shooting for your own reasons but using models and or props as in a TPF session, you would want the permit, props are things that they can trip on and sue the park, for the parks point of view thats basically commercial.

Id say if its a triopd or a handheld flash then its fine, but if youve got a crew and strobes and its TPF , get a permit so that when I go in with my daughter to take cutesy fartsy pics I dont get tackled by the ranger.

Yep it is strictly for commercial photogrephers. I shoot at the Grand Canyon, Wupatki Ruins and, some of the other parks without incident.

Most reactions

Back