NATIONWIDE SHORTAGE of Photographers. LOL.

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While job searching, I came across this ad. I thought it was pretty funny, especially when it states "The NATIONWIDE SHORTAGE of individuals to perform these simple photographic "services" is HUGE!" - Um? You can't throw a rock in this town without hitting a photographer. I'm guessing this is a total scam.

--------

Photographer Job -- Easy Photo
LOS ANGELES, CA
Photographer Job

Hello,

I am about to introduce you to a genuine home-based photographic opportunity that's virtually unknown to most people. I discovered this industry by accident several years ago when I was selling a motor home. Until then, I had no idea that this type of industry even existed, much less how necessary and in-demand these simple, but specialized "services" really are!

The NATIONWIDE SHORTAGE of individuals to perform these simple photographic "services" is HUGE! If you are dependable, can follow simple instructions, possess basic photographic/computer skills, and want to earn a real income with your camera, I currently have over 100 NATIONWIDE COMPANIES that would LOVE to hear from you IMMEDIATELY!

Visit our Web Site for Details:
http://www.online-employment.net/fbphoto.html

Bahahaha.

But seriously, no doubt its some scam, just like all those ads you hear on the radio "Let me teach you to sell stuff without you ever having to touch it! The program practically does everything for you as you sit back!"

They're selling a book on how to make money from photography; the author like-as-not having never used a camera himself. It's pure marketing BS. There are so many catchpenny books out there these days that try to catch pennies from the desperate.

Tell you what. If you send me $100 I'll send you a tip on how to make money on an online photography forum.

Tell you what. If you send me $100 I'll send you a tip on how to make money on an online photography forum.

I find it very sad that people stoop to trying to make money out of those with no money. On the other hand, this is what the cigarette companies have been doing for years and making a mint from.

My old friend Sonia Arajo from Brazil who was a lecturer in the university of Wales, said once "where there are poor people there are also very rich people". It would seem that it's true - so many shops that sell to the poor seem to make a mint.

You mean like the companies that charge $50-150 for a $20 cat hideaway because they made it with white fabric and called it a light tent?

No. That's a different issue. There's no difference between Andrex and store-brand toilet paper - it all gets dragged across your backside and flushed away and does exactly the same job. What you pay for there is the brand name and image.

Gary Fong can sell a 99c tupperware container for $20+ and make money out of it. I see no problem.

What I have a problem with is people selling false hopes to people with no money. Buy this $19.99 business book and within 2 minutes you could own a Ferrari from the income you're making. It's just not true and simply fleeces those without money. I disagree with this very dishonest and immoral business model totally. Why? Because it's not stretching the truth - it's downright lying!

The sad part is that individuals and organizations that advertise in this manner are really preying on those that can least afford the loss. I've found, in my own situation, that I was much more likely to spend money on a lottery ticket when I was unemployed than when I had available cash. Fortunately for me, I was able to somewhat control my foolish expenditures but I really feel for those that are desperate.

When I had unemployment problems and sold cars to make ends meet, I made the most money from those that could least afford it. The lawyers and doctors don't need a car. They want one and they've got all the time in the world to decide. They purchase new vehicles that have sticker prices and, with access to the web, they know exactly what they can get one for. They know damned well that, if I don't give them the price that they want, some one else will. My commission would be $75 on a $40,000 SUV.

On the other hand, consider a kid that dropped out of high school to get married. He's now 24 with two children, a pregnant wife and a menial job. He had a car but the transmission fell out. He needs a car NOW so that he can get to work and avoid getting fired. I'm his best friend in the world and I'll pocket $2000 when I sell him a used car for $8000. I would go home and throw up.

The sad part is that ...

... I'm his best friend in the world and I'll pocket $2000 when I sell him a used car for $8000. ...

:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back