Natural - c&c

Jeni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think I'm slowly getting used to my D90. I'm kind of in love with it. Went out over the weekend and shot around my university's campus. Edited in Lightroom, sharpening in PS. Used both the kit lens and 50mm f/1.8.

check out my photoblog if you want to see more (and let me know what you think of them: Jennifer Louise Photography

c & c very welcome.
jlp-4.jpg

jlp-6.jpg

jlp-7.jpg

d9038.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like you're getting the hang of it quite well!

I do have to agree with bigtwinky's comment below about the tilt though.

Last edited:
I really do not like the tilt on the first image. When you give the viewer the sense that things are falling off the frame, that means there is too much tilt. I get the sense with that image.

Nice exposure and colour...too much tilt

Looks like you are having fun with the camera.
Be careful not to center your subjects, don't put the horizons or subjects right in the middle.

Be careful not to center your subjects, don't put the horizons or subjects right in the middle.

Unless you feel that is the best way to present the scene... Basically, look up the rule of thirds (I wish it was known as the 'Guide of Thirds').

(@ Shockey) That horizon is most definitely not in the center.

Nice series of photos. I really like the last one, and the perspective of the second. I agree with bigtwinky about the tilt, I only think a tilt looks good if there are strong design elements that would look good with the camera tilted, it kinda seems like you tilted the camera in an effort to remove distractions and include more water? its hard to find the right composition with no distractions, but I would zoom my lens or change my position rather than tilt the camera.

JC

Thanks for the suggestions for the first one, I'll remember that next time. Sometimes it's like second nature for me to tilt myself or the camera I'm not sure why I do it. I'll try and stop myself next time haha.

And I do know the rule of thirds. Maybe I didn't pick the right pictures to show off haha
Cause I don't always 'center' it all. (and my PP is a bit out there right now, I'm still trying to find what I like and don't with it)
d9039.jpg

d9037.jpg

d9036.jpg

If I were you I'd stay away from the heavy artificial vignette. A good vignette is not noticeable and it draws the viewers eyes to the subject, where as in your shots they only seem to be distracting.

Most reactions

Back