Natural Light Portrait Session

mgChickenfoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently did this portrait session. Would appreciate critique. Tell me where to improve! :)

$8963999159_28e0f9b44e_o.jpg$8965189850_0ae92c8b59_h.jpg$8965185966_075b89e6be_h.jpg$8963987867_39d64123d0_h.jpg$8963966541_f3b02115fc_h.jpg

Honestly, I love the imagination that you have going in the two pictures, but as the closeups (remember this is critiquing and not being mean :p) touch up on her face, make her teeth whiter, and cover a wrinkle or two, but definitely teeth! Heres a tutorial on how to do it :)
How To Whiten Teeth In Photoshop
you will be amazed if you create a new layer in photoshop and turn it on/off

Shooting the first three images in portrait orientation, would have helped a lot. Cropping a little bit off of someone's head isn't a bad thing. Cropping pretty much all of it is. 1 & 3 (in future, please number your images) look a little high on the red channel and are in desparate need of fill light and the background in 1 & 2 is rather distracting. The human eye is attracted to bright over dark; the background should never be brighter than the subject. The brick wall image is an interesting idea, and with a little less brick wall and a little more subject, and with her looking toward the camera, this could have worked well (don't forget to correct for perspective distortion). The last one, well... that's a taste thing, and I suppose it's not mine, but fair enough, it's a clever image. There are some over-bright highlights on her shoulders and forehead that need to be toned down.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

That's are really cool with fascinating contrast nothing else only without last one. But if third one get more close up it, really will be stunning.

2 is the best of the tight cropped landscape portraits. Has a nice flow to it. 4 is great. 5, while I love the hearts the way they are utilized in the shot doesn't make sense to me. Looks like she is making goo goo faces at them...

The last would make more sense to me if she had her hand up like you would blowing kisses as I'm guessing she was blowing? Though the expression is not quite right to me. Agree with the teeth... that unfortunately really stood out.

Thank you everyone for your input. Especially the advice on the cropping. I think that's always been my weakest link in the chain.

As far as whitening teeth goes, I don't know, that feels like a little much for my personal tastes. I like to lean towards less is more with Photoshop. I suppose going black and white with all of them would fix any coloring problems.

Thank you everyone for your input. Especially the advice on the cropping. I think that's always been my weakest link in the chain.

As far as whitening teeth goes, I don't know, that feels like a little much for my personal tastes. I like to lean towards less is more with Photoshop. I suppose going black and white with all of them would fix any coloring problems.

As far as the teeth whitening, I'm with you - unless she specifically requests it or something.

On the cropping, if there isn't room to crop to portrait orientation, consider a square crop. Not sure about #1, but it would definitely work on #2 & #3.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back